- PhD, East Carolina University
- BS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Dr. Hemric completed a post-doctoral research fellowship at the College of Medicine at the University of Vermont and did collaborative research at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Hemric’s research background includes purification, expression, and regulation of muscle and non-muscle contractile proteins and cardiovascular disease due to autoimmunity.
- Biomedical Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine (BFOM)
- Cardiovascular Respiratory Hematologic Systems (CVRH)
- Endocrinology (ENDO)
- Gastrointestinal System and Nutrition (GINUTRI)
- Hematology/Oncology (HO)
- Pediatrics (PEDS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Chemical Society
- American College of Nutrition
- Association of Biochemistry Educators
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Hemric, M.E. (2019) Biochemistry Chemistry Exploration, Biochemistry Laboratory Modules. Academix Publishing Services.
- Hemric, M.E. (2013) Organic Chemistry Exploration, an Organic Chemistry Laboratory. Academix Publishing Services ISBN#978-1-60036-625-3
- Li, Ya, Heuser, J.S., Kosanke, S. D., Hemric, M.E. and Cunningham, M.W., (2005) Protection against Experimental Autoimmune Myocarditis Is Mediated by Interleukin-10-Producing T Cells that Are Controlled by Dendritic Cells. American Journal of Pathology 167(1): 5-15.
- Nibbelink, B. Hemric, M.E., Haeberle, J.R., (2004) Caldesmon tethers myosin V to actin and facilitates in vitro motility. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 25(2):141-8.
- Li, Ya, Heuser, J.S., Hemric, M.E. and Cunningham, M.W., (2004) Cryptic Epitope Identified in Rat and Human Cardiac Myosin S2 Region Induces Myocarditis in the Lewis Rat. The Journal of Immunology 172: 3225-3234.
- Galvin, J.E., Hemric, M.E., Kosanke, S.D., Factor, S.M., Quinn, A. and Cunningham, M.W., (2002) Induction of myocarditis and valvulitis in Lewis rats by different epitopes of cardiac myosin and its implications in rheumatic carditis. American Journal of Pathology 159, 5-12
- Galvin, J.E., Hemric, M.E., Ward, K. and Cunningham, M.W., (2000) Cytotoxic monoclonal antibody from rheumatic carditis reacts with human endothelium: implications in rheumatic heart disease. Journal of Clinical Investigations 106 (7), 217-224.
- Quinn, A., Ward, K., Fischetti, V., Hemric, M., Cunningham M.W., (1998) Immunological Relationship Between the Class I Epitope of Streptococcal M Protein and Myosin. Infection and Immunity 66, 4418-4424.
- Haeberle, J.R., and Hemric, M.E. (1995) Are Actin Filaments Moving Under Unloaded Conditions in the “In Vitro” Motility Assay? Biophys. J. 68 (4 Suppl.), 306S-310S.
- Haeberle, J.R., and Hemric, M.E. (1994a) A Model for the Coregulation of Smooth Muscle Actomyosin by Caldesmon, Calponin, Tropomyosin, and Myosin Light Chain Phosphorylation. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 72, 1400-1409.
- Cardiovascular disease due to autoimmunity to cardiac contractile proteins
- Chemistry Laboratory Literature
- Metabolism and Nutrition