Global Medicine Outreach and Study
LUCOM in collaboration with LU Send helps to provide medical care in underserved communities locally and around the world. Together, it is our goal to reach out to communities that have little to no access to medical care. We seek to enhance collaborative medical education, assist local and international physicians, and encourage the promotion of public health in partnering countries.
Scripture states: “Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the people,” Psalm 96:3 (ESV).
LUCOM believes the best way to fulfill this mission is to reach out to those who need the most assistance.
Future dates and opportunities for Global Medicine Outreach and Study will soon be announced.
Medical Outreach Efforts
Read about previous medical outreach efforts in the City of Lynchburg and in partnering countries such as Guatemala, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic.
- July 8, 2020 | Liberty student-doctors’ service in Central America, Caribbean builds global medicine efforts
- Annual Report 2018-19 Highlight: On a Mission to Provide Care and Healing (features Spring Break and Summer 2019 trips)
- Nov. 22, 2019 | Liberty osteopathic medical faculty and students volunteer to treat patients during Martinsville community clinic
- April 17, 2019 | LUCOM continues with annual partnership during free Lynchburg community clinic
- Nov. 8, 2018 | LUCOM student-doctors provide quality care, focus on service during Martinsville community clinic
- May 8, 2018 | LUCOM hosts third Helping Hands Gala with guest Darryl Strawberry, proceeds support medical outreach
- April 19, 2018 | LUCOM sends student-doctors to Honduras during Spring Break
- April 18, 2018 | LUCOM student-doctors return to help with Community Care Collaborative (Lynchburg)
- April 11, 2018 | LUCOM welcomes back Chief Medical Officer for Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons
- June 5, 2017 | LUCOM Medical Outreach prepares for fifth Guatemala trip
- Dec. 19, 2017 | LUCOM partners with Samaritan’s Purse for fourth-year international rotations
- Nov. 13, 2017 | LUCOM student-doctors host OMM clinic for Martinsville community
- May 18, 2017 | LUCOM Medical Outreach hosts second Helping Hands Black Tie Gala
- April 28, 2017 | LUCOM Medical Outreach prepares for second Helping Hands Black Tie Gala
- April 8, 2017 | LUCOM provides free healthcare to Lynchburg community
- April 5, 2017 | LUCOM to host Lynchburg Community Care Collaboration event
- March 7, 2017 | LUCOM Medical Outreach prepares for second Helping Hands Black Tie Gala
- Nov. 16, 2016 | LUCOM opens arms to local community, hosts free clinic in Martinsville
- July 27, 2016 | LUCOM, Hope of Life International partnership strengthens with third international outreach
- May 9, 2016 | LUCOM works with South Virginia health center to provide access to health care
- May 2, 2016 | LUCOM hosts first successful Helping Hands gala for medical outreach
- April 20, 2016 | Student-doctors, faculty reflect on March medical outreach in Guatemala
- March 9, 2016 | LUCOM student-doctors, faculty prepare to return to Guatemala
- March 1, 2016 | Talented acts take the stage to support LUCOM medical outreach
- Oct. 28, 2015 | LUCOM holds first domestic outreach event in Southern Virginia
- Oct. 26, 2015 | LUCOM partnership with Hope of Life International evolves, strengthens
- Oct. 13, 2015 | LUCOM prepares to bring needed medical services to Martinsville
- Sept. 3, 2015 | LUCOM travels to Guatemala for first medical outreach