- MD, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- BS, Colorado State University
- Acute Care Medicine
- Patient-Centered Medicine – PCM
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
Laura J. Potter, MD, is a board-certified Emergency Medicine physician and fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Society of Academic Emergency Medicine. She is a graduate of the University of Colorado School of Medicine (UCHSC) and completed her residency training at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, N.C. She splits her time between Lynchburg’s trauma center and LUCOM, where she is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine.
Dr. Potter is the Medical Director of the Center for Standardized Patients and Simulation at LUCOM. With over 20 years of experience in emergency medicine, she brings skills and knowledge to our students. At the same time, she strives to continually learn and grow herself, both intellectually and spiritually. She has a keen interest in educating students and coming alongside them in their pursuit of excellence in medicine and life.
- Emergency Medicine