- BS, College of William and Mary
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Graduated, Family Practice Residency Program, Lancaster General Hospital
Dr. Maitland enjoys caring for large families and individuals of all ages. Prior to attending medical school, she was a senior research associate at Beth Israel Hospital/Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA, where she authored over a dozen journal articles on the topic of osteoporosis.
Her interests include pediatrics, women’s health, and preventative healthcare. She also has a passion for medical outreach and has participated in several international medical mission trips.
- Core Faculty, Lynchburg Family Practice Residency
- Patient Centered Medicine I – PCM
- Patient Centered Medicine II – PCM
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA)
- Lynchburg Academy of Medicine (LAM)
- Medical Society of Virginia (MSV)
- Virginia Academy of Family Physicians (VAFP)
Dr. Melton has been practicing family medicine for 22 years. He served as a family doctor in a small town in Southwest Virginia for 19 years. He also served for two years in a clinic in rural Alaska. For the last year, he has been teaching at LUCOM and at Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency. He is married and has four children. He enjoys outdoor activities including hiking, skiing and fly fishing. He has been involved in his local church and multiple medical mission trips over the last 22 years.
- Assessing and meeting medical needs in rural and underserved areas