The Center for Academic Development – Teaching Excellence has compiled the following Teaching and Learning resources for the purpose of faculty development.
- An Introduction to Adult Learners – M. Connor
- Book Review: Adult Learners in the Academy by Lee Bash – A. Ruleman
- Highlights from Adult Learning – C. Aslanian, Union University
- Serving Adult Learners: Principles of Effectiveness – Carroll CC
- Successful Study Strategies for Nontraditional Adult Learners
Assessment of Learning
- Assessment Process – James Madison
- Classroom Assessment Techniques – A Summary of Angelo & Cross
- A Model of Learning Objectives- Iowa State University
- The Importance of Teaching Effective Self-Assessment by Stephen Chew
- What are Case Studies? – Carnegie Mellon
- Teaching Methods Using Case Studies – David & Wilcock
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science
- Promotion of Critical Thinking by using Case Studies as Teaching Method – Popil
- Collaborative Conceptual Design – Wang, Shen, Xie, Neelamkauil, & Pardasani
- Working with Collaborative Projects – M. Glenn
- Assessing Individual Performance in Collaborative Projects – S.E. Kruck & H.L. Reif
- Tools for Collaboration – Scholarship Experts
- Online Collaborative Projects – Teachers’ Corner
Graduate Student Assistants
- Undergraduate Business Internships and Career Success – Gault, Redington, & Schlager
- Search for internships on Internships.com
- Internships and the Sociological Perspective – Parilla & Hesser
- Are internships worthwhile? – Henry
- Undergraduate internships: Problems and prospects – Satarino & Rogers
- Seven tips for internship success – Internships.com
- Professional Learning Communities: What They Are and Why They Are Important – SEDL
- Learning Communities – Learning Forward
- Adding Value: Learning Communities and Student Engagement – Wang & Kuh
Math and Science Repository
- Applied Math and Science Repository is a portal of educational resources and services.
- ABCs of PBL – US National Library of Medicine
- Assessing the Effectiveness of PBL in Higher Ed – Major & Palmer
- Measurement and Analysis of Student Engagement in University Classes – Ahlfeldt, Mehta, & Sellnow
- Overview of Problem-Based Learning: Definitions and Distinctions – Savery
- The Motivation to Learn Begins with a Problem – U. Delaware
Research with Students
Research with Students
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- The SoTL at Indiana University Bloomington: View on the website.
- The SoTL at Vanderbilt University, Nashville Tennessee: View on the website.
- SoTL Journal for Christians in Higher Education: View on the website.
- Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: View on the website.
- Practice and Evidence of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: View on the website.
- Implementing Service-Learning in Higher Ed – Bringle & Hatcher
- Integrating Community Service in Classroom Instruction Enhances Learning – Markus, Howard, & King
- Comparing the Effects of Community Service and Service Learning – Vogelgesang & Astin
- Education Beyond the Classroom – EPA
- Service Learning and Volunteer Opportunities – Ed.gov
- Instructional immediacy and the seven principles: Strategies for facilitating online courses – University of North Texas
- Literature Review: Conflict Resolution In Post-Secondary Online Education – J. Schroeder
- Synchronous online teaching – EDUcause
The Liberty University Library subscribes to the following Magna Publications. Off-site users will need to log in to their EZ Proxy account in order to access it.
- The Teaching Professor provides insights and ideas for the best pedagogies and practices.
Video – Recording & Editing
Liberty University Resources
- Resource Guide: The provides an introduction to the array of opportunities and activities that are available to faculty. Faculty can access the document in the CAD FCC.
- Military Affairs: Office of Military Affairs.
- Athletic Support: Academic Support for Athletes.
- FERPA: View FERPA information.
- Research: .
Liberty University Center for Teaching Excellence Resources
- Recommended Reading: CTE recommends these books which can be found at the Jerry Falwell Library.
- FLI: For faith integration resources and successful examples of integration, visit our Faith Learning Integration (FLI) page and FLI Gallery.
- CTE FCC: View an array of resources and recorded training sessions on the CTE FCC. The link to the CTE FCC (Faculty Communication Center) can be found on your Canvas Dashboard beginning Fall 2020 (prior to Fall 2020, please see the CTE FCC in Blackboard).
- CTE Library: The CTE has a growing library of books available to borrow. Stop in and check them out.
Online Book Reviews
Stylish Academic Writing. By Mrs. Carolyn Towles
The Virtual Student: A Profile and Guide to Working with Online Learners. By Dr. Anna Cates
Interested in submitting a book review? Email CTE.