Kimberly A. Nelson, PhD, GCDF
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, University of South Carolina
- M.A. School Counselor, Andrews University
- B.A. Long Island University- C.W. Post
Licensure and Certification
- Certified School Counselor, South Carolina
- Certified Global Career Development Facilitator
Field of Expertise
- Social Justice and Restorative Justice Principles in K-12 settings
- Developing the Professional Identity of New School Counselors
- Developing the Professional Identity of African- American Counselor Educators.
Dr. Kimberly A. Nelson works and lives in Atlanta, Georgia. She has practiced as a school counselor in South Carolina and continues to consult with public and private schools. She has presented at local and national conferences and has published articles at the local and national level. She has previously worked in the not-for-profit sector serving clients with disabilities. She has also worked with the New York City Department of Juvenile Detention transition homes serving as a counselor. In addition to teaching, she has served on the Georgia School Counselor editorial board as a Journal reviewer, served as an Ad Hoc reviewer for the Adult Span Journal and is the co-chair of the school counseling network under SACES. Along with her husband they have published a book chapter in the Cultural Competence in higher Education textbook and authored a book together entitled The Book of El a social justice devotional.