David F. Klink, DO
Global Medicine Concentration Faculty Program Director
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- BS in Biology, Pennsylvania State University
- Neurology/Psychiatry/Ophthalmology - NPO
- Geriatrics & End of Life - GERI
- Pediatrics - PEDS
- Hematology/Oncology - HO
- American Osteopathic Association
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Association
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Virginia Osteopathic Medical Association
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Lynchburg Academy of Medicine
After completing an internship in Family Practice at Naval Hospital, Charleston, S.C., Dr. Klink trained in Submarine and Hyperbaric Medicine at the Naval Undersea Medical Institute in Groton, Conn. He subsequently served as a Submarine and Diving Medical Officer at Naval Hospital, Groton, Conn., and with Submarine Squadron 10. In 1994, he completed a Residency in Ophthalmology at the National Naval Medical Center (NNMC) in Bethesda, Md., and then served as a General Ophthalmologist at Great Lakes Naval Hospital for 2 years.
He is the recipient of the United States Navy Meritorious Service Medal, four Navy Commendation Medals, and two Navy Achievement Medals. In 2014, he was presented the Master Clinician Award by the Medical Staff of Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. He is a Fellow of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Association and a member of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
Since arriving at LUCOM he has served in various positions, including Department Chair of Specialty Medicine, Medical Director of the Center for Standardized Patients and Simulation, and as Interim Dean prior to the arrival of the current Dean. He currently serves as the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Education.