RA Selection Information for 2015-2016
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Assistant position. The selection process for the 2015-2016 academic year will begins with the RA Interest Meeting. This meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014 in the LaHaye Event Space at 7pm. We invite you to come out and see what the RA position is all about and how to apply.
The Office of Student Leadership
1. You must maintain a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated by a lifestyle of integrity.
2. You must be a student of Liberty University in good standing in both academics and conduct.
- You must be enrolled at Liberty during the RA application process.
- Your cumulative GPA (including Fall 2014) must be 2.5 or above to apply.
- You may not apply if you have obtained 12 or more points during the current semester (Fall 2014). Past discipline records may be considered during the application process as well.
- Preference will be given to students with previous Student Leadership experience.
3. You must have the availability to carry out the RA responsibilities.
- You may not student teach or be a junior Nursing Major either the Fall or Spring semester of the 2015-2016 school year.
- Special evaluation will be given to the applicants in certain academic programs, which may pose a significant challenge to successfully completing the academic programs and RA duties (i.e. Nursing, Business Policy).
- RAs for the 2015-2016 school year may not participate in extracurricular activities (i.e. athletic teams, debate, marching band) that conflict with RA duties and responsibilities.
- RAs are required to remain on campus during key times of the year known as blackout days. These include but are not limited to RA training in August, Leadership Banquets, CFAW, Spring Orientation, etc.
Prior to filling out the RA application, you will need to take the following personality tests:
Once each of these tests have been completed, please complete the RA application at this link: https://sharepoint.liberty.edu/sites/OStudentAffairs/StudentLeadership/SitePages/RAApplication.aspx
Calendar of RA Selection Process
- Application due by midnight- Thursday, December 4th, 2014.
- Each RA applicant will be interviewed by their home RD in either a Group Setting or Individually- Between December 5th, 2014 & January 17th, 2015.
- First round cuts are announced- Friday, January 23rd, 2015.
- Hosting Week- Tuesday, January 27th through Convocation on Friday, January 30th. The RA Applicant will be introduced during hall meeting to host hall- Tuesday, January 27th.
- RA Experience Weekend begins Friday, January 30th at 5:30pm and ends Saturday, January 31st at 6pm.
- Final Cuts are announced- February 13th, 2015.
- RA Contract Signing- February 16th, 2015 at 7:00pm.
- Fall Placement is announced- February 27th, 2015.
Other Documents you may need