RA Selection Information for 2016-2017
- You must maintain a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated by a lifestyle of integrity.
- You must be a student of Liberty University in good standing in both academics and conduct.
- You must be enrolled at Liberty during the RA application process.
- Your cumulative GPA (including Fall 2015) must be 2.5 or above to apply.
- You may not apply if you have obtained 12 or more points during the current semester (Fall 2015). Past discipline records may be considered during the application process as well.
- Preference will be given to students with previous Student Leadership experience.
- You must have the availability to carry out the RA responsibilities.
- You may not student teach or be a junior Nursing Major either the Fall or Spring semester of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Special evaluation will be given to the applicants in certain academic programs, which may pose a significant challenge to successfully completing the academic programs and RA duties (i.e. Nursing, Business Policy).
- RAs for the 2016-2017 school year may not participate in extracurricular activities (i.e. athletic teams, debate, marching band) that conflict with RA duties and responsibilities.
- RAs are required to remain on campus during key times of the year known as blackout days. These include but are not limited to RA Training in August, Leadership Banquets, CFAW, Spring Orientation, etc.
Prior to filling out the RA application, you will need to take the following personality tests:
Once each of these tests have been completed, please complete the RA application here:
Once the application is complete a personal evaluation will be required.
Calendar of RA Selection Process:
- Application and personal evaluations due by midnight – Thursday, December 10, 2015
- Each RA applicant will be interviewed by their home RD in either a Group Setting or Individually – Between December 10, 2015 & January 22, 2016.
- First round cuts are announced – Friday, January 29, 2016
- Hosting Week – Tuesday, February 2, 2016 through Convocation on Friday, February 5, 2016
- RA Experience Weekend – We will begin on Friday night, February 5, 2016 at 5:30pm and ends on Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 6pm.
- Final Cuts are announced – February 19, 2016
- RA Contract Signing – February 22, 2016 at 7:00pm
- Fall Placement is announced – March 1, 2016