Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
Who needs to complete the training?
The Liberty University Institutional Review Board requires that the following individuals complete CITI training prior to conducting research:
- Faculty Researchers
- Student Researchers
- Research Assistants
- Faculty overseeing student projects
Please note: You will not be given IRB approval until you have successfully completed the required training modules.
What courses do I take?
You will need to complete one of the following Human Subjects Research (HSR) courses, listed under Question 1:
Biomedical & Health Science Researchers
Social & Behavioral Researchers
Either course will be accepted. However, please select the course that aligns best with your academic discipline.
Please note: When registering, you can skip or select “no/not at this time” for all other questions.
How to Enroll
To begin taking CITI courses:
- Go to the CITI Program website.
- In the upper right corner, select “Register” or “Login.”
- Select “Log in through my institution.”
- Select “Liberty University.”
- Sign in with your Liberty username and password.
- Select the appropriate course(s).
- Each course contains a set of core modules and a set of electives.
- Each module consists of written material, followed by a short quiz.
- Training is self-directed, but typically can be finished in less than one day.
- Liberty University has partnered with CITI to provide courses free to affiliated individuals.
- There are fees for participants wishing to obtain continuing education credits.