Preparing for the Storm
In light of the recent tornados, I've been compelled to write about storm preparations. I'm writing about those other storms that come our way that take us by surprise and cause havoc in our lives.
These can be related to:
- Financial troubles
- Loss of a loved one
So, how do we prepare for the storms of life? I am suggesting we think less of our circumstances and more of God. Let's review His character.
- He’s always good and loving. Psalm 136:1-3 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords. His love endures forever."
- He alone is wise. Romans 16:27 says, "To the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ. Amen."
- He cares for us. Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"
- He’s always working things out for our good. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
- He demonstrates grace and compassion. Psalm 145:8 says, "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."
When you are tempted to be discouraged or afraid, submit your trust to God. He adores you.
Feel free to comment.
Posted at 3:04 PM | Comments (3)