Online Communities - Featured Speaker
This week's featured speaker is: J.D. Greear
Date of the message: 10/13/14
Speaker: J.D. Greear
Assurance of Salvation
- Does God want us to know the assurance of our salvation? YES.
- God is our Father, and there is no father who wants his children to be unsure of their relationship with him.
- John 14:18
- “Love for God can only grow in the love of God.”
- 1. Saving faith is a posture, not a prayer.
- Faith is synonymous with action. (vs. 18-19)
- “It’s not what I say to Jesus, no matter how eloquently or emotionally I say it, that leads to salvation – it is leaning my hope for salvation on His finished work and surrounding control of my life to Him as Lord.”
- It’s not a prayer that saves you; it’s a posture.
- Not one time does the Bible say a prayer will save you.
- 2. Saving faith endures for a lifetime. (vs. 12-14)
- You cannot lose you salvation – John 10, Romans 8
- “It is true once saved always saved. But it is also true once saved always following.”
- 3. Assurance is found in a present posture not a past meaning.
- “Repentance and faith are a posture that you being in a moment but you continue for the rest of your life.”
- “Is it possible for Christians to backslide? Yes. But the sign of saving faith is that you keep coming back to the posture of repentance and belief.
- 1 John 5:18, Proverbs 24:16
- The righteous man is not righteous because he never falls; the righteous man shows his righteousness by what he does when he falls.
- 4. Saving faith produces a new nature.
- “There is no possible way that the Lord Jesus Christ came into your life and you just continue the way that you are.”
Were you challenged by this message? Please email us. God bless.
"Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching." 2 Timothy 4:2