Online Communities - Featured Speaker
This week's featured speaker is: Louie Giglio
Date of the message: 11/7/14
Speaker: Louie Giglio
- God says “Don’t be like him and don’t be like her, because I took a lot of time and energy making you exactly like you.”
- “The most important thing that’s wired into you and me, is the ability to have a relationship with Almighty God.”
- “God wants us leaned into Him, not looking for a plan.”
- Oceans – Hillsong United, album:Zion
- Psalm 37: 3-5
- 1. Trust in the Lord and do good.
- Trusting in the Lord is active, never passive.
- “When we have a picture of a little God, we have a high need for a detailed plan. But when our view of God expands to an extraordinary God, we have a smaller need for a detailed plan.”
- Genesis 12:1
- “You only live one time – why would you want to retire? Why would you want to retire when there’s going to be a new heaven and a new earth showing up any day now?”
- “Our lives are safest in the hands of God.”
- 2. Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
- “Today you have one major assignment: trust God for the future, cultivate faithfulness with whatever your hands are on right now.”
- “There are no wasted moments in the economy of God.”
- 3. Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
- “God’s going to trump your desires, and He’s going to open up a story for that’s going to fulfill your heart, if you delight in Him”
- 4. Commit your way to Him. Trust in the Lord and He will do it.
- “I am the sovereign God. I am orchestrating the affairs of the world…He’s working it all into a beautiful plan for you. All you have to do today is open your hands and trust Him, and He will do it.”
Were you challenged by this message? Please email us. God bless.
"Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching." 2 Timothy 4:2