Dr. Ronald E. Hawkins
Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost
1971 University Blvd.
Green Hall 1652G
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Phone: (434) 592-4030
Fax: (434) 522-0442
Contact: Jennifer Griffin firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost is the Chief Academic Officer for the University. This individual serves as the primary voice on academic matters within the administration and is the second ranking academic official of the University, after the President. In collaboration with the deans, the Faculty Senate, and the General Faculty, the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost develops and implements the academic vision and values of the University.
These core values are engaged through the various academic programs offered in multiple delivery formats, as well as through the teaching, research, and service activities of the academic centers. The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost provides leadership in continuously improving undergraduate and graduate instruction and academic support services.
This individual bears responsibility for:
- Budgeting and evaluation for all academic divisions
- Working with the deans to identify and prioritize resource allocations among academic units
- Assessing the performance of academic leaders to provide regular feedback to encourage improvement
- Overseeing a structured process through which faculty can develop professionally within their disciplines, improve as effective academic communicators, and utilize the wide array of technological tools and resources available to enrich the art of teaching
- Communicating on behalf of the University, serving as the liaison to those external agencies with which the University maintains institutional accreditation
- Communicating regularly with the President and the various University constituencies on matters of importance
- Serving as the liaison of the administration to the Faculty Senate