Explore the Dimensions of Wellness: Digital | Emotional | Environmental | Financial | Intellectual | Occupational | Physical | Social | Spiritual
• Aligning one’s beliefs and values with one’s world view to establish meaning and purpose in life.
• Spiritual wellness aligns you and allows for your values and beliefs to lead to your life’s purpose. Improving your spiritual wellness can result in a sense of great self-confidence, clear values, and inner peace and joy.
- Pray regularly and spontaneously
- Visit the Office of Spiritual Development for support from the LU Shepherd’s Office
- Read scripture regularly and reflect on what you’ve read
- Participate in worship
- Find a trusted mentor or an accountability partner
- Meditate daily to help align your mind
- Volunteer in your local community to give back
- Self-reflect and be aware of your journey and spiritual growth
- Create a quiet space to spend time with the Lord
- Memorize a scripture verse that stands out to you
- Take 5 minutes today to pause and pray
- Volunteer at an organization that you feel led to contribute to
Listen to “Challenging your Health Mindset”:
Self-care & Internal Reflection
Challenging Your Health Mindset | Podcast on Spotify
From seeds to fruitfulness
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. 15 Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. 16 For, “Who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ” (1 Corinthians 2: 14-16, NLT).
“For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;” (Colossians 1:9-10 NKJV)
Listen to our podcast: Challenging Your Health Mindset
Be empowered to change your health mindset. Listen as our Executive Director, Dr. Keith R. Anderson discusses the 9 dimensions of wellness with diverse guests who provide thought-provoking perspectives on holistic wellness topics.