• The expression and management of one’s feelings to cope and thrive in relationships and pursue acceptance of one’s emotions.
• Those who value emotional wellness feel confident and in control of their behaviors and feelings. A result of great emotional wellness is the ability to control the challenges that life has.
- Engage in activities that ignite your senses: smell, taste, touch, sight, sound
- Visit Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) or a community mental health professional for support
- Listen to soothing music
- Ask yourself “How am I feeling today?”
- Find a creative outlet
- Participate in a hobby to connect with others and build community
- Find companionship in interacting with animals
- Share feelings and thoughts with a close friend
- Watch your favorite movie
- Take delight in aromatherapy
- Take advantage of local trails and scenic routes
Listen to our podcast: Challenging Your Health Mindset
Be empowered to change your health mindset. Listen as our Executive Director, Dr. Keith R. Anderson discusses the 9 dimensions of wellness with diverse guests who provide thought-provoking perspectives on holistic wellness topics.