Employee Print Charges
Though this process is written for student workers, it should be followed for regular employees that incur print charges. Any questions should be directed to the Administrative Accounting Office.
Student Worker Printing Charges
Students who are employed by a department and incur network printing charges on their account may have their account credited for these charges. Departments utilizing student workers and requiring them to print will need to plan for print charges to the budget and ensure timely reimbursements are processed to the students’ account.
Planning for the expense:
- Ensure print budget is properly funded.
- Place an IT HelpDesk ticket so that printing charges are billed to the department and not the student.
- Index Code: Use Index Code where printing charges should be applied
- Printer Name: If employee is also a student, include the printer name where department printing will occur.
- Monitor student printing as necessary.
- Submit a Termination Checklist to remove printing privileges when the academic year or employment ends.
Reimbursing the Student:
- Student worker should report printing charges.
- Obtain a printout of the work-related charges from the Pharos Printing report on the MyLiberty Portal (OR an email from Student Accounts, stating amount owed).
- Clearly mark/highlight all work related charges.
- Write your student ID number at the top of the report.
- Submit your report to your Supervisor.
- The Supervisor will submit a Request For Check (RFC) Form.
- To Apply payment to student’s account use LU Student Accounts (L22845432).
- To issue a check to the student use the student name in the vendor field.
- Place the student ID and name in the description field.
- If multiple student workers need to be reimbursed, everything can be placed on one RFC, but a separate commodity line should be completed for each student.
- Enter the net reimbursement amount for the student in the amount field.
- Enter your department’s appropriate FOAPAL elements, and the printing commodity and account codes.
- Attach copies of the Pharos Print Detail Report used to justify the request.
- Submit the completed RFC for processing.
- Obtain the Budget Manager’s signature.
- Submit the completed RFC to the Accounting Department, 2775 Green Hall or email firstname.lastname@example.org, for processing.Note: The bottom portion of the RFC does NOT need to be completed.