Liberty University Doctoral Degrees Online
Earning a doctorate means more than just gaining a title. A doctorate means you have reached the pinnacle of scholarship and practice and have demonstrated that you are an expert in your field. While many professionals pursue doctorates so that they can use their experience and hard-earned expertise to teach in the college classroom, doctorates are also highly marketable degrees that show that you have both the academic background and the practical know-how to rethink, revolutionize, and revitalize your industry.
If you want to take the next step in becoming a leader in your profession, without sacrificing your professional and personal life, Liberty University offers the affordable, flexible degree programs you need to succeed.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a master’s degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a post-graduate certificate that can stand alone or count as the first 21 hours of your doctoral degree — and is eligible for TA benefits. Then pay just $300/credit hour for the remainder of your doctorate. Learn more!
Available Doctoral Degree Programs
Arts and Sciences:
- Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership (D.S.L.)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Curriculum and Instruction
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum and Instruction
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Advanced Educational Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Public Administration (DPA)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy
- Doctor of Music Education
- Doctor of Worship Studies
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Christian Leadership – Ministry Leadership
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Bible Exposition
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Theology and Apologetics
- Master of Theology — Post-Graduate
Why Choose Liberty University?
Liberty’s courses are taught by professionals with real-world experience in their fields of study and provide a Christian worldview that roots your academics in biblical principles. With our regional and school-specific accreditations, we ensure that all types of doctoral degrees offered have the appropriate credentials and meet industry-standard requirements for academic quality and format so that you can be confident that your hard work will be recognized.
No matter the type of doctorate you are pursuing, our online doctoral programs will give you the training, support, and quality academics you need to succeed.
Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctoral Degrees
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online doctoral degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- With Liberty University’s 8-week sub-terms and 3 semesters per year, you can complete an online doctoral degree faster than attending courses on campus.
- Doctoral programs that include dissertations integrate guided research mentorship and proposals into the online course content so that you will have all the guidance you need to develop ground-breaking scholarship and research.
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We’re now ranked in the top 1% of online schools and universities for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
– by BestColleges.com
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective and our faculty sees themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 5 years… and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition in 5 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is the valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.