Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Educational Leadership
Increase Your Leadership Skills and Develop New Theories with Liberty’s Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
An organization without sound leadership is like a ship without a rudder. With advanced training in educational leadership and research, Liberty University’s 100% online Ph.D. in Educational Leadership degree program will help you gain valuable communication and problem-solving skills based on empirical research to lead your students, faculty, and staff to success.
Our Ph.D. in Educational Leadership online can provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead an educational administration as well as develop research materials and publications to contribute to the body of knowledge in this field. Through this educational leadership doctorate, you can develop research-based critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems so you can lead at any level of an educational organization.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Ph.D. in Educational Leadership?
Through this program, you will:
- Complete dissertation research with mentorship from Liberty faculty.
- Gain an understanding of the current issues and trends in educational leadership.
- Integrate theoretical knowledge with practical skills necessary for effective educational leadership.
- Learn how to apply organizational theories and models to create and lead effective higher education organizations and implement best practices.
- Learn how to handle conflict efficiently and effectively.
These courses are designed to be rigorous so that you can be better prepared for dissertation research. This will allow you to take what you’ve gained in your professional degree and apply it to a more focused research doctorate.
Potential Career Options with an Educational Leadership Degree
- College or university administrator
- College or university professor and/or researcher
- District administrator
- Educational change agent
- Educational consultant for an education organization or government agency
- Leadership researcher
- Performance improvement officer
- Principal or assistant principal*
*This will require outside licensure.
Highlights of Our Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership Program
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Ph.D. in Educational Leadership from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will learn how to create and administer effective education environments.
- Our Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- Our online Ph.D. is a 3-year program that requires 18 hours in educational research courses.
- Completing your Ph.D. gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the academic pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or count as the first 21 hours of your doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for the remainder of your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8 week-courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.