Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education
Impact the Lives of Extraordinary Children with Our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree
Are you interested in specializing in the area of special education? Do you have a passion for creating lesson plans for each student to help them reach their full potential? Look no further than Liberty University’s online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction in Special Education. Today’s students are thriving through the use of cutting-edge technology, and we believe our future educators should be too. Through our education classes, you will learn in-demand skills that will teach you how to use these technologies in a way that promotes communication and collaboration in the classroom. These courses will challenge you to think of new ways to encourage and improve special education in school systems in a way that creates a greater understanding of its necessity and benefits.
Liberty University allows you to study on your own schedule, which means that you can take courses with minimum disruption to your current lifestyle. You will have the option of taking convenient 8-week courses instead of standard full-term courses in addition to the opportunity to finish in under three years. In addition to advanced accreditations and awards, Liberty is among the 7% of universities who have earned the distinction as a Doctoral University through the Carnegie Foundation.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Special Education Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
- Organization and Design of Gifted Education Programs: Explore the intricacies involved in developing and running a gifted education program in a way that caters to the need of each student.
- Educational Assessment for Special Needs: Learn what qualifies a student for a special needs program and what an assessment can reveal about each student.
- Behavior Management: Evaluate research and instructional approaches to behavior and classroom management to promote academic achievement.
- Learning Theory and Research: Examine research about classroom management, learning, motivation, diversity, exceptionalities, assessment, and teaching. Learn how to become an effective educational leader in a diverse society.
Through education classes, you will be equipped to assist in constructing, assessing, and improving effective learning environments for special needs children at any grade level. The core content provided to you by experienced professors will enhance your understanding of the tools and skills required for practical classroom management while equipping you with the knowledge and competencies needed to publish cutting-edge research. Each professor is dedicated to the academic and spiritual growth of their students.
Potential Careers with an Ed.D. Degree in Special Education
- Gifted-student instructor
- School administrator
- Special education instructor
- University professor
Our Ed.D. in Special Education Online Program Highlights
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education in as little as 3 years!
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.