Don’t pay more than you should for a doctoral degree.
Whether your next phase of leadership is military or civilian, more people should benefit from your experience. So at Liberty University, you’ll find more than one way to reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
Two simple pathways for military students:
Already have a graduate degree from Liberty?
- Start your doctoral degree within two years of graduation.
- Pay only $300 per credit hour.
Don’t have a graduate degree from Liberty?
- Start with one of our 21-hour Executive Certificates below — available at $300/credit hour
- Roll those credits into one of our doctoral programs and continue to pay only $300/credit hour for the rest of your courses.
Degree specific example: Get an Executive Certificate in Business Administration at $300/credit hour. Use it as a valuable credential on its own, or nest it under our Doctor of Business Administration degree and pay $300/credit hour for the remaining 39 doctoral hours.
You understand the value of proper training. So do we. Lead your field with the degree you need — at a price you’ve earned. We’re grateful for your service.
- The $300/credit hour discounted tuition rate is only available to active service members, eligible veterans, and spouses who are new to a doctoral program in Fall 2020 or after.
- Department of Defense employees are not eligible for the $300/hour tuition rate at the doctoral level.
- Qualifying military students who confer a master’s degree, executive certificate, postgraduate degree, or doctorate from Liberty University and pursue a doctoral program with Liberty within 2 years of their degree conferral date are eligible for the $300/credit hour doctoral military tuition discount. Please see additional benefits for more details on exceptions.
- The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
- The Post-BSN DNP-Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Post-MSN DNP-Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, and Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner are excluded from the discounted military rate.
Nest your certificate credits into one of our doctoral degree programs.
These 21-hour certificates can stand on their own as professional development credentials or lay the groundwork for a full doctoral degree. All courses are nested into our doctoral degree programs.
Credits can apply toward a doctoral degree.
You can earn post-graduate credits as part of a 21-hour certificate program. These certificates can help you gain advanced standing in one of our doctoral programs when you’re ready.
- Executive Certificate in Bible Exposition (Ph.D. in Bible Exposition)
- Executive Certificate in Business Administration (DBA)
- Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership (DNP)
- Executive Certificate in Communication (Ph.D. in Communication)
- Executive Certificate in Criminal Justice (Ph.D. in Criminal Justice)
- Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction – exclusively priced at $275/credit hour
- Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration – exclusively priced at $275/credit hour
- Executive Certificate in History (Ph.D. in History)
- Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology (Ph.D. in Education: Instructional Design and Technology)
- Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership (Ph.D. in Nursing: Nursing Education)
- Executive Certificate in Psychology (Ph.D. in Psychology)
- Executive Certificate in Public Administration (DPA)
- Executive Certificate in Public Policy (Ph.D. in Public Policy)
- Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision – exclusively priced at $275/credit hour
- Executive Certificate in Special Education (Ph.D. in Education: Special Education)
- Executive Certificate in Strategic Leadership (DSL)
Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Pastoral Counseling
Our D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling is offered at just $275/credit hour for qualifying service members. With this program, you are not required to complete another degree with Liberty to receive the discounted tuition rate.
Additionally, qualifying service members pursuing our D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling will receive a block rate of just $1,925 a semester when taking 7-15 credits in a single semester – less than $130/credit hour when taking 15 credits!
Education Specialist (Ed.S.) and Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
Our Ed.S. and Ed.D. programs are offered at a discounted rate of $275/credit hour for qualifying service members. With these programs, you are not required to complete another degree with Liberty to receive the discounted tuition rate!
John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Doctoral Programs
Qualifying service members will receive a block rate of just $2,700 a semester when pursuing a doctoral divinity degree and taking 7-15 credits in a single semester. This is only $180/credit hour when taking 15 credits!
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.