Master of Theology – Homiletics
Our Master of Theology in Homiletics is Your Platform for a Career in Ministry
Liberty University’s Master of Theology in Homiletics is an excellent degree option for students seeking practical ministry experience. Through advanced study in our homiletics courses, you will learn a variety of teaching styles and determine how you can be most effective in your position. Our homiletics courses will equip you with the necessary skills to be able to preach effective, evangelistic sermons from both the Old and New Testaments.
Our Master of Theology in Homiletics is a postgraduate program designed for students who have completed a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) or equivalent degree. Pastors or ministry professionals will benefit from the wide-recognition of our Master of Theology (Th.M.) and the rigorous academics involved in this online degree program offered by our seminary, the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
Our Th.M. degree program was designed with your academic and spiritual success in mind. All of our online homiletics courses are taught from a biblical worldview to ensure you thrive both professionally and spiritually.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Theology – Homiletics Degree Online?
Liberty’s Th.M. in Homiletics degree is offered 100% online. Our easy-to-manage 8-week sub-term structure allows you to organize your course load so you can finish your degree as quickly as you want or as slowly as you need.
Choosing a Th.M. degree from Liberty means you don’t have to give up anything in your current schedule to gain advanced training in:
- Expository preaching
- Preaching for special occasions
- Preaching from the Old and New Testament
Potential Career Options with a Master of Theology Degree in Homiletics
Liberty University’s online Master of Theology in Homiletics program will prepare you for a career in the ministry. Courses provide intensive study in techniques of expository and evangelistic preaching, sermon preparation, and methods of evangelizing from the Old and New Testaments.
You will strengthen your knowledge of Scripture and graduate ready to share God’s word in a myriad of settings in a variety of ways.
- Bible instructor
- Family pastor
Master of Theology – Homiletics Program Highlights
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Theology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree has been approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
- Your ministry matters – so when you take 9-15 credit hours per semester in your divinity program, you’ll pay a discounted block rate of $2,750. It’s our way of supporting all you do to serve others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our Master of Theology (Th.M.) in Homiletics degree program in as little as 1 year.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Master of Theology (ThM) Military Benefits
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Feb 13, 2023
ATS Commission on Accrediting
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.