Doctor of Worship Studies – Leadership
Confidently Lead Your Ministry with a Doctoral Degree in Worship Studies and Leadership
Whether you are already serving in a ministry position or are looking to advance to a teaching role at the university level, our online Doctor of Worship Studies degree can help you achieve your personal, professional, and ministry-related goals.
- Liberty’s Doctor of Worship Studies explores the biblical applications of worship ministry and leadership and pairs it with in-depth research training that will take your current skill set to the next level.
- Graduate with advanced worship theology training, knowledge of effective principles of worship, and the leadership development you need to grow in your ministry positions.
During your time as a doctoral worship studies student, you will have the opportunity to study under professors who have years of real-world experience. Our faculty are committed to fostering your growth as a worship leader so you can increase your ministry effectiveness and help point others to Christ. Partner with us and explore important leadership principles that can help you serve with excellence and integrity in your church.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Worship Studies – Leadership Degree?
Our core worship studies courses provide advanced training in worship theology and the integration of foundational philosophies and methodologies, which is central to biblical worship for your ministry. By specializing your worship studies degree in leadership, you will study:
- The best practices of ministry leadership and learn how to implement biblical principles into your leadership style
- Advanced leadership skills that equip you to lead your worship ministry at the highest level, while collaborating effectively with your church, senior pastor, and other members of the church staff
Career Opportunities for Doctor of Worship Studies in Leadership Graduates
- Head worship pastor
- Music and worship instructor
- Professor of worship studies
- Worship coach or analyst
- Worship counselor and advisor
- Worship theologian
Highlights of Our Online Doctor of Worship Studies in Leadership Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online worship studies doctoral degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete our online Doctor of Worship Studies degree in as little as 2.5 years.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced worship theology and Christian scholarship to practical worship ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or potentially count as the first 21 hours of a related doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Oct 24, 2022
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.