Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Advanced Educational Studies – Instructional Design and Technology
Go Beyond Your Doctor of Education in Liberty’s Instructional Design and Technology Program
Are you excited about the idea of taking your Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) further and expanding upon your research? With Liberty University’s 100% online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Instructional Design and Technology degree, you will expand your knowledge, skills, and training in instructional design through advanced course content. You will conduct in-depth research into cognitive development, evaluation and assessment, and the design and implementation of distance learning programs and job aids.
With advanced insight into the ways students learn, you will examine the design, development, and implementation of new learning processes and products designed for student success. Throughout our PhD in Instructional Design and Technology, you will learn how to effectively communicate with school administrators, teachers, and students through various mediums as you create effective and engaging learning programs. Use the valuable knowledge and insight you have already gained in your Ed.D. to sharpen and refine your skills in research and publication.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Instructional Design and Technology?
- Instructional design theory
- Instructional systems design
- Issues and trends in learning technologies
- Principles of human performance technology
Liberty University’s instructional design and technology (IDT) courses seek to enhance your knowledge of instructional design so that you can develop support products and processes needed to enhance and increase the efficiency of learning. Our instructional design and technology courses provide training on how to develop web-based courses for online learning as well as printed educational aids for use in both the classroom and the workplace.
Potential Career Options with an Instructional Design and Technology Degree
- Academic dean
- Chief learning officer
- Director of e-learning
- Distance learning senior director
- Educational researcher
- Educational technology director
- Military education specialist
- Professor (higher education)
- Researcher (IDT)
- Senior instructional design specialist
Benefits of Our PhD in Instructional Design and Technology Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Ph.D. in Advanced Educational Studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- If you have a conferred Ed.D. or PhD in Education, you can earn a PhD in Advanced Educational Studies with only 21 hours of research and dissertation requirements.
- You will learn how to create and administer effective education environments.
- Our Doctor of Philosophy in Advanced Educational Studies program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership skills in teachers and students.
- Our PhD online is a 3-year program that includes an integrated dissertation process allowing you to work toward your final research project while completing your coursework. Completing your PhD gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 39 credits
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.