Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry
Chart a Course for the Future of Your Ministry with Liberty’s Online Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry
If you are passionate about leading ministry efforts in your church or community, Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry may be for you! In this program, you can learn how to address various educational and ministerial challenges using empirical research. Whether you are a Christian school educator or administrator, a church ministerial staff member, or a parachurch organization leader, this professional doctorate can help you gain the knowledge, character qualities, and skills essential to leading a faith-based organization.
Additionally, by completing the strategic Christian ministry specialization, you can gain a deeper understanding of how to evaluate the health of a ministry, develop a ministry philosophy that reflects biblical principles, and lead innovative change in Christian organizations. This program offers a combination of theory and praxis to help you use applied research to solve real-world ministry problems.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Program?
- Biblical principles as they relate to education and leadership philosophy, theory, and practice
- Leadership and management theory
- Methods for helping a ministry or church become fully rooted in a biblical foundation
- Organizational theory and development
- The essential marks of a biblical disciple
In this program, you can learn how to help strengthen churches, ministries, and faith-based organizations using strategic planning, new technologies, and conflict resolution. You’ll also complete an extensive sequence of research courses, culminating in a dissertation. The dissertation process can help you contribute to the base of knowledge in your field and further equip you to solve real-world problems in education and ministry.
Potential Careers for Graduates of the Doctorate in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Online Program
- Christian education administrator
- Christian educator
- Christian ministry director
- Church administrator
- Church discipleship coordinator
- Curriculum coordinator
- Nonprofit organization leader
- Parachurch organization leader
Benefits of Pursuing Your Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry Degree Online with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this Ed.D. in Christian Leadership – Strategic Christian Ministry degree in as little as 2.5 years!
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for Ed.D. courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jan 16, 2023
ATS Commission on Accrediting
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.