Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Curriculum and Instruction – Instructional Design and Technology
Craft Effective Learning Programs With Liberty’s Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology
If you want to enhance your teaching and develop new ways to engage learners, Liberty University’s 100% online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Instructional Design and Technology (IDT) degree can help you get the training and skills you need. Our program is designed to teach you to design, assess, study, and rework learning approaches to help students use technology to grow and thrive.
Our doctorate in instructional design and technology will train you on how to effectively communicate with school administrators, teachers, and students through various mediums as you create compelling and engaging learning programs. You will also dive deep into the design and implementation of distance learning programs. Through research and the innovative use of today’s educational technology, you can look forward to a rewarding career in instructional design.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology?
- Instructional design theory
- Instructional systems design
- Issues and trends in learning technologies
- Principles of human performance technology
Liberty University’s IDT courses build on your program development skills so that you can design support products and processes needed to enhance student learning. From web-based courses for online learning to printed educational aids for use in both the classroom and the workplace, you will study learning styles and how instructional design and technology play a part in reaching the unique needs of students and teachers. You will also learn advanced techniques using existing technologies for web-based learning as well as new developments in technology and their possible implications for the future.
Through your courses, you will complete research that will build toward your final research project that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills.
Potential Career Options with an Instructional Design and Technology Degree
- Director of e-learning
- Distance learning senior director
- Educational technology director
- Military education specialist
- Professor (higher education)
- Researcher (IDT)
- Senior instructional design specialist
- Senior training specialist
Highlights of Our Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Ed.D. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Our Doctor of Education program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- Our Ed.D. online is a 3-year program that includes an integrated research project process allowing you to work toward your final research project while completing your coursework.
- Completing your Ed.D. gives you a terminal education credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Transfer in up to 27 credits to our Ed.D. from an eligible Ed.S. degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.