Doctor of Ministry – Biblical Studies
Bring Deep Biblical Truth to Your Ministry with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Biblical Studies
If you are looking for advanced biblical studies training in a practical ministry setting, Liberty’s online Doctor of Ministry – Biblical Studies will give you the in-depth doctoral training you need! Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Biblical Studies is designed to deepen your understanding of biblical themes and teaching so you can effectively serve in a pastoral role.
Liberty’s online D.Min. in biblical studies offers an in-depth faith-based curriculum to prepare you for a variety of biblical teaching and leadership roles in the real world of ministry. You will learn from experienced church leaders and biblical scholars in Liberty’s online seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, as you complete your D.Min. degree online.
Whether your goal is to work in youth ministry, as a lead pastor, or planting churches overseas, Liberty University’s doctoral degree in biblical studies can equip you with the in-demand skills you will need to thrive in your ministry career.
What Will You Learn in an Online D.Min. in Biblical Studies?
- Theology of the Gospel with its deep connections to Old Testament prophecy
- Theory and practice of biblical theology to equip you for teaching leadership
- The Bible and uses of Scripture in pastoral care and ministry
- Spiritual factors of growing churches and how to help your ministry grow
Liberty’s flexible and affordable doctoral degree in biblical studies is taught by professors with years of experience who can provide deep insight into pastoral leadership and biblical teaching. Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that your biblical studies training is grounded in quality academics as well as excellent Christian scholarship.
Potential Career Options with a D.Min. Degree in Biblical Studies
- Associate pastor
- Discipleship pastor
- Lead pastor
- Pastoral counselor
- Youth pastor
Our Online D.Min. in Biblical Studies Program Highlights
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online D.Min. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity has been accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree has been approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
- Your ministry matters – so when you take 7-15 credit hours per semester in your divinity program, you’ll pay a discounted block rate of $2,750. It’s our way of supporting all you do to serve others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to an abundance of resources and materials found through Liberty’s search portal and extensive online library while pursuing your Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) degree.
- You can complete your D.Min. in Biblical Studies degree at Liberty University in as little as 2 years!
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or potentially count as the first 21 hours of a related doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 22, 2022
ATS Commission on Accrediting
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.