Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
Be a Strategic Leader in Education with an Online Ed.S. Degree in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
If you are an educator and want to take your career to the next level, you can benefit from strategic training in educational leadership and cutting-edge research to put into practice. Liberty’s online Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership is designed to equip you with the tools and educational credentials you need to be a leader in your school and community.
By earning your Education Specialist degree, you are stepping beyond the master’s level to engage with advanced research and educational strategies. With this degree, you can pursue licensure* in administration and supervision that you can use to demonstrate your expertise to the education community. Take the next step in your career and help create positive change in your school district with Liberty’s Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved administration and supervision program, you may apply for your license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations. You can research your state’s licensure requirements here: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/ASEL-EDS-D/.
Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs are not eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
What Will You Learn in Our Administration and Supervision Ed.S. Degree?
- Best methods for effective curriculum design and instruction
- Contemporary issues and trends in learning technologies
- Educational law and policies
- Principles of leadership in educational organizations
- School district finance and organizational management
Our Ed.S. program emphasizes practical theories and methods that apply to the real world of teaching. You will learn how to apply the latest research and learning theories at a variety of levels, so you can create a better learning environment for your students – whether you lead in the classroom or take on an administrative role.
In our online Education Specialist degree program, you will explore the complexities that diversity and exceptionality bring to the classroom as well as how to motivate all learners. You will also look at the historical and social foundations of education so you can better communicate with the public as an education leader.
Potential Careers with an Ed.S. Degree in Administration and Supervision
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 or college teacher
- School principal
After completing our Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision online program, you will have an advanced, postgraduate, accredited credential that can help you pursue leadership roles in K-12 education as well as in advanced, higher-order development of curriculum.
Highlights of Our Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- All of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- You can be equipped to step into the role of an administrator with our Ed.S. degree program’s core leadership courses and path to advanced administration and supervision licensure.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 22, 2022
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.