Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nursing Education
Become a Nursing Research Expert with Our Ph.D. in Nursing Education
Do you love being a nurse and educating others? Maybe you’ve been in the practice for just a few years, or you’ve spent decades serving others as a nurse. Have you thought about passing on your knowledge and experience by educating the next generation of nurses? If this interests you, our Ph.D. in Nursing: Nursing Education degree can provide both the knowledge and research experience you’ll need to become a faculty member at a university or educator in a medical facility where you educate nurses.
Our doctorate in nursing education is a great credential to have to advance or alter your career path. You can become a professor of nursing or pursue other educational opportunities within healthcare. You could go into hospital administration, health policy advocacy, or nursing research.
So don’t wait any longer! Nursing education is a growing field that needs educators who are passionate about using medicine to serve others. We know you have the heart and experience for this field, and with our degree, you’ll receive the education you need to excel.
What Will You Learn in Our Ph.D. in Nursing Education Program?
Upon successful completion of our program, you’ll be able to:
- Act as a professional nursing leader, role model, and mentor to others who wish to pursue advancement in the nursing profession.
- Advocate for policies and programs that improve health outcomes for individuals and communities.
- Apply ethical decision-making and values to the nursing profession based upon a biblical worldview.
- Contribute to the science of nursing by applying original research and scholarship to real-world problems.
- Educate the next generation of nurse scholars to add to the global community of nursing professionals.
- Synthesize the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of nursing in the practice of research.
Career Opportunities for Ph.D. in Nursing Education Graduates
- Health policy advocate
- Hospital administrator
- Nurse scientist
- Nursing professor/faculty member
- Nursing researcher
Benefits of Earning a Ph.D. in Nursing Education
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Ph.D. in Nursing Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- With a growing demand for nurses, nurse educators are also in demand at all levels, and with a doctorate in nursing, you will have an advantage in receiving job offers.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a post-graduate certificate that can stand alone or count as the first 21 hours of your doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for the remainder of your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Oct 25, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.