Online Degrees in Education
Tomorrow’s leaders are today’s students, and teachers are the ones who inspire them. When you become a teacher, you earn the privilege of influencing the future every day. And an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in education will increase your potential for making a lasting impact on your students.
Liberty University’s online programs in education will help you inspire students in your classroom, school, or university with confidence. Whether you’re a teacher looking to further your career through formal credentialing or are wanting to start a rewarding career in the field of education, Liberty University’s online education degrees will equip you with the in-demand skills, knowledge, and tools you need to prepare students for success in the classroom — and in life.
You’ll explore educational theories that underlie the learning process as well as real-world teaching methods that help you become a better teacher. You’ll also study the latest education technologies to engage your students in the classroom and the current trends in public, private, and Christian learning institutions. You’ll become a practice-focused educator who is effective — and valuable.
Whether you’re working toward your associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree, your credentials from Liberty University will equip you to reach new professional heights and shape a better world by championing what matters to you. And that’s what matters to us.
Liberty University’s School of Education programs are accredited by NCATE through CAEP.
Available Education Degree
- Bachelor of Education in Business Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Education in English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Bachelor of Education in English Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Middle Education
- Bachelor of Education in Physics Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Physics Education – Earth Science (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Social Studies Education (6-12)
- Bachelor of Education in Special Education
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) – Higher Education
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) – Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) (36 Hours)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) (45 Hours)
- Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Postgraduate and Doctoral Degrees
- Doctor of Education in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Education in Higher Education Administration (Ed.D.)
- Education Specialist in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership (Ed.S.)
- Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction (Ed.S.)
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration (Ph.D.) – Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Advanced Educational Studies (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education (Ph.D.)
- College professor
- Curriculum director
- Gifted education teacher
- Principal or vice principal
- School superintendent
- Special education teacher
- Teacher’s aide
Please note that not all education degrees lead to licensure and that state requirements for teaching vary by state.
Liberty’s institutional accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and its field-specific accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), mean that you can be confident you are investing in an industry-recognized credential that will help you meet your goals.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Education Degree at Liberty University?
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s state-of-the-art online learning environment offers you a wide variety of learning methods, including simulations, recorded lectures, and digital collaboration tools as well as others that will help you engage with your studies and learn practical teaching skills.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete your online education program in less time than you think, due to our 8-week format and 8 start times per year.
- Licensure tracks are available with the necessary coursework and experience to meet state requirements.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses, $275 per credit hour for graduate courses, and $275 per credit hour for Ed.D. and Ed.S. courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training for undergraduate programs
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.