Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education – Educational Law
Implement Student-Focused Education Policies with a Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law
A legal perspective on education can make a big difference when it comes to influencing the future of education and educational institutions.
If you want to work on an executive level to help students succeed, Liberty University’s 100% online Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law degree program can expand your knowledge, skills, and training in the legal aspects of education. The program applies relevant concepts in a way that will give you the flexibility to help learners in any setting, and the knowledge you gain in educational law can prepare you to lead others in corporations, businesses, and successful school administrations.
So whether your goal is to teach, design curriculum, or serve in school administration, Liberty’s doctorate in educational law can give you the advanced training you need to make a positive impact across a broad range of educational organizations and policies.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctorate in Educational Law?
Liberty University’s core education courses can enhance your knowledge of education policy, structure, theories, and educational law. Because educational law is just as critical as educational leadership in the managing of academic institutions, this program will focus on key areas of leadership with an emphasis on educational law. Our courses in the Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law online program will help you develop new skills as you learn strategic management solutions to common leadership problems in organizations.
Through this program, you will:
- Learn how to evaluate education theories for application in both professional and academic settings.
- Analyze theories and evidence-based practices that inform leadership, research, and teacher preparation in educational law.
- Design and conduct original research that adds to the knowledge base of the education field.
- Use cutting-edge educational technology to engage students and develop research, which can be implemented in your dissertation.
- Study legal policy in education and learner development.
- Develop educational law expertise in special education and other essential topics.
Career Opportunities for Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law Graduates
- Education advocate
- Education survey researcher
- Educational policy legislator
- K-12 administrator
- University administrator
- University professor
Benefits of Our Ph.D. in Educational Law Degree
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- You can complete our Ph.D. in Education – Educational Law degree program in about 3 years.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Education program will help you develop educational management skills and foster leadership in your teachers and students.
- You can meet your peers and professors in the online Ph.D. in Education program during optional intensives on our campus in Central Virginia while developing your writing and research for your final dissertation phase.
- The Ph.D. online program includes an integrated dissertation process. This allows you to work toward your final research project while completing your regular coursework.
- Completing the Ph.D. online program’s dissertation will empower you to make a unique impact in education research that can become the basis for publications, curriculum and instruction products, and other publishing opportunities.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a post-graduate certificate that can stand alone or count as the first 21 hours of your doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for the remainder of your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.