Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSW)
Become a Professional Helper with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
Our nation is desperate for Christian leaders who will come alongside families and offer emotional and spiritual support in times of despair and worry. Social workers play a critical role in supporting their communities by helping them heal, overcome relational challenges, and regain their footing for a better future.
With a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), Liberty University provides hands-on, Christ-centered training to give you the in-demand skills you need to foster healthy change and growth in the lives of children, families, and individuals in your community. Our online social work classes emphasize engaging, interacting, and aiding hurting individuals with compassion and love. Through an in-depth study of counseling techniques and intervention strategies, you can promote positive change in any age group.
Liberty University is committed to Training Champions for Christ to help meet the needs of hurting communities through social services training that is rooted in God’s word.
What Will You Learn in Our Online BSW Degree?
- Chemical dependency and its impact on the lives of addicts
- Social problems and practical solutions
- How human behavior falls into patterns that can be countered and improved
- Ethical issues in professional human services that will help you be a responsible caregiver
Liberty University’s B.S. in Social Work degree is a fascinating online program that will provide you with insights into how to help heal heartache and overcome difficulties that many people in communities face every day. You will learn to engage hurting people with compassion as you study under professors with real-world experience in the social work field. Our bachelor’s degree in social work is an excellent first step toward the requirements for state-licensed social workers or for future advanced studies in a master’s degree in social work.
You may also be interested in exploring our bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Career Options for BSW Graduates
- Affirmative action officer
- Clinical social worker
- Foster care intervention specialist
- Primary service coordinator
- Transitional living specialist
- Research assistant
Benefits of Earning Your Online BSW from Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online BS in Social Work degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our program is accredited through the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- This program may help you meet requirements for state licensure in social work. Please refer to your state’s social work requirements.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 28, 2021
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.