Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education
Prepare Children for the Future with Liberty’s Online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education Degree
Liberty’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education provides 100% online licensed teaching preparation that can give you the tools you need to help children succeed. The online B.Ed. in Elementary Education provides foundational training in education theory, practice, and techniques so that you can work with children to build a safe and productive learning environment. As one of the first completely online elementary teaching licensure programs approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), you can complete your licensure requirements without having to attend classes on campus.
Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ. To provide a standard of academic excellence, all of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). This accreditation means that your coursework will meet standards set for teaching excellence and will help you build a successful career.
We prepare educators to pursue excellence in teaching and make a positive impact on the world for Christ. With hands-on experience through the B.Ed. in Elementary Education’s practicum and student teaching hours, you will apply theory to practice as you work with children in your local area. Become a part of Liberty’s mission today and help children prepare for a bright future!
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations. You can research your state’s licensure requirements here: https://www.liberty.edu/statelicensure/EELD-BED-D/
Not interested in licensure? Check out our bachelor’s degree in elementary education interdisciplinary studies!
What Will You Learn in the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education?
- Explore learner development, learning style differences, and how to develop an effective learning environment.
- Connect concepts and theories to real-world education solutions.
- Plan curriculum and use assessments and strategies to adapt to your learners’ needs.
- Apply a biblical worldview to teaching practice and professional development.
- Learn to use an evidence-based approach to pedagogy to assess, plan, and teach elementary students.
Liberty’s 100% online B.Ed. in elementary education will help you build a foundation of teaching theory and practice and learn how to apply these to real-world teaching. You will not only develop a thorough understanding of the best practices in elementary student teaching, but you will also learn how to test and adapt your instruction to your learners’ strengths and needs.
With the practicum and student teaching in this licensure-track program, you will have hands-on training working with children in your local area. This experience is the most important factor for seeing your teaching skills at work in the real world and can give you what you need to complete your licensure requirements.
Potential Careers with the Teaching Licensure B.Ed. in Elementary Education Program
- Elementary school teacher
- Homeschool teacher
- K-12 education consultant
- K-12 curriculum coordinator
Benefits of the Online B.Ed. Program
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- This program is offered 100% online and is approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) for teacher preparation. This approval means that you can complete your teaching license without having to travel to a university campus.
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Pursuing our online Bachelor of Education licensure-tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this B.Ed. in Elementary Education program in as little as 3.5 years!
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Oct 24, 2022
NCATE through CAEP
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.