Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Health Sciences
Change Lives by Starting Your Career as a Healthcare Professional
Are you interested in working in the healthcare field? Maybe you want to work with patients, doctors, or nurses. Maybe you’re interested in reporting on current events in healthcare or helping patients navigate insurance and other administrative concerns. By earning Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, you can become prepared to work in one of the allied health professions.
Our program is designed to provide you with academic knowledge integrated with a biblical worldview – so you can practice healthcare ethically. You can also gain the skills and tools needed to be successful in a graduate program or start entry-level positions immediately after completing your degree. Partner with us to earn your bachelor’s in health sciences – and start making a difference in the lives of patients and other healthcare workers.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s B.S. in Health Sciences?
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Access, evaluate, and use evidence-based research effectively and appropriately.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and effective written communication.
- Evaluate the nature and role of health from a biblical worldview.
- Integrate legal and ethical principles into professional decision-making.
- Use critical thinking strategies as a basis for identifying and addressing issues within the health sciences profession.
Health sciences is an exciting and diverse field that can allow you to work in a variety of settings. You may choose to work in direct patient care, to manage or assist other medical professionals, or to work in healthcare data and administration. Our program can prepare you to start your career upon graduation or complete graduate programs or certifications to further develop your skills.
Potential Careers for B.S. in Health Sciences Graduates
By earning your bachelor’s in health sciences, you can get prepared for a variety of roles working in hospitals, research laboratories, private offices, clinics, rehabilitation facilities, and government agencies. Some of the careers you might be prepared for include:
- Community health or public health worker
- Health educator
- Health journalist
- Hearing aid specialist*
- Hospital or physician’s office management
- Medical administrative assistant
- Medical staff relations
- Patient care advocate
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
- Patient care services
- Ultrasound technician*
*Requires additional certification or education
Benefits of Pursuing Your B.S. in Health Sciences with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all online undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You could complete your B.S. in Health Sciences in as little as 3.5 years.
- This program can prepare you for graduate school or a variety of entry-level positions in the allied health professions.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 28, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.