Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Advanced Educational Studies – Special Education
Transfer in a Majority of Your Hard-Earned Ed.D. Credits and Walk Away with a New PhD Credential
Completing your Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) was an enormous achievement. You spent years researching the field of education from a professional perspective, but you are not done yet. Your desire to understand the full scope of this field drives you further. If you are interested in adding a dissertation on special education to your list of accomplishments, Liberty University has the PhD you need to make it happen.
By coming into Liberty’s PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Special Education with a conferred doctoral degree, you will be able to transfer up to 39 of your hard-earned credits into the program. With this PhD requiring a total of 60 credit hours, you will be just 21 credit hours away from adding a PhD to your name.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s Advanced PhD in Special Education?
- A biblical perspective on decision-making within the field of education
- Advanced practices in designing and conducting original research
- Educational theories within the field for professional and academic practice
- Pedagogical concepts and approaches based upon research and knowledge of the discipline
- Theories and evidence-based practices that inform leadership, research, and teacher preparation in special education
By focusing your research and dissertation on special education, you will study the unique needs of students with all forms of learning disabilities. You will also study best practices in curriculum and program development for children with behavioral disorders, special needs, and those who excel and need more challenging programs.
Understanding these topics in special education is vital for effectively serving your school administration at the local, state, or national level.
Potential Careers for PhD in Advanced Studies in Special Education Graduates
- Educational consultant
- Educational researcher
- K-12 special education director
- University administrator
- University professor
Benefits of Pursuing Your PhD in Advanced Educational Studies with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this PhD program in as little as 3 years!
- With a PhD in Advanced Educational Studies, you’ll be in a position to take advantage of the increased market demand for leaders in education and to increase your earning potential.
- Completing your PhD gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- If you have a conferred Ed.D. or PhD in Education, you can earn a PhD in Advanced Educational Studies with only 21 hours of research and dissertation requirements.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 39 credits
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.