Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership
Help Students and Faculty Thrive with a Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership
Strong leadership is vital in every organization, but leaders in education face unique challenges that require specialized skills and training. With Liberty’s online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership, you can learn how to meet the needs of diverse student bodies and prepare to advance your career in university administration. Our flexible online format allows you to earn your degree from the comfort of your home. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct applied research so you can address real-world challenges in education.
Effective educational leaders don’t just carry out administrative duties — they seek to shape policies and advance educational systems. If you want to hone your leadership skills and better meet the needs of your students, Liberty’s doctorate in educational leadership can help you lead your institution to success. You’ll receive advanced training in topics like supervision, policy analysis, and conflict resolution. Partner with us and see how far an Ed.D. degree can take you.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership Degree Online?
- Explore various social, political, and economic factors that impact educational leaders
- Prepare to analyze current and future educational policies as well as provide advice to decision-makers in higher education institutions
- Study practical methods for resolving conflicts and fostering productive learning environments
This program can help enhance your understanding of school leadership challenges and equip you to solve practical education problems. You’ll study several core topics in higher education, including best teaching practices, university administration, and the historical development of the American higher education system. Your research courses will build toward a final capstone project designed to promote real-world application.
Within the educational leadership concentration, you can explore subjects like organizational analysis, issues and trends in learning technologies, and special education administration. Most importantly, you will evaluate the modern issues and trends facing education leaders so you can prepare to help college students succeed.
Potential Careers for Graduates of Our Educational Leadership Doctoral Program Online
- Academic dean
- Admissions director
- Chief academic officer
- College/university president
- Curriculum specialist
- Director of an educational organization
- Education researcher
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- Professor/postsecondary education instructor
- Training and development specialist
Benefits of Pursuing Your Doctorate in Educational Leadership Online with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Earn your doctorate in higher education administration – educational leadership in just 3 years!
- Study under industry experts and learn how to integrate professional knowledge with biblical principles.
- Complete your degree 100% online and easily access your course materials whenever you need them.
- Develop practical skills that can be applied directly to your career in postsecondary education administration.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership Program Online
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Aug 23, 2021
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 30+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
We are widely recognized as a top university for affordability, accessibility, and academic quality.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
At Liberty, we believe in putting a world-class Christian education within reach — so our tuition rates have been frozen for 6 years and counting!
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 6 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.