Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship
Enhance the Reach of Your Ministry with Liberty’s Doctorate in Christian Leadership and Digital Discipleship
As more people, young and old, become increasingly reliant on digital media for connection, the distinction between the physical and digital has blurred. Liberty’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Christian Leadership – Digital Discipleship can help you connect with your congregation both inside and outside the church building. Let us help you develop strategies for reaching new communities while strengthening your connection with your current flock.
As social media and digital platforms have grown in size and scope, pastors and ministry leaders now have entirely new opportunities for virtual discipleship. In today’s world, Christian communities can be reached using digital media. This is also a wonderful opportunity to minister to those who are unable to attend church in person. This Ph.D. in Christian Leadership can help you as you lead and manage church and ministry organizations – and your dissertation can help you take the principles you learn and develop new materials to contribute to this growing field.
What Will You Learn in Our Digital Discipleship Doctorate?
Through this program, you will:
- Develop a sound plan that will allow you to effectively use technology in your digital ministry efforts
- Explore best practices for online church ministry
- Formulate a theology of networks so you can effectively minister to people
- Learn how to use technology to develop a model of spiritual formation in the digital age
Liberty’s Christian leadership courses will culminate in doctoral-level research for practical application in diverse educational, organizational, and ministry contexts. Your Ph.D. dissertation gives you the opportunity to synthesize the knowledge gained in our digital discipleship degree and contribute to advances in the field.
Potential Careers with a Doctorate in Christian Leadership and Digital Discipleship
- Church discipleship coordinator
- Communications liaison
- Digital ministry leader
- Digital pastor
- Director of digital ministries
Highlights of Our Christian Leadership Doctoral Degree Program
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Christian doctoral degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete the Ph.D. in Christian Leadership degree online in as little as 2.5 years.
- As a John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Ph.D. student, you will receive a block rate of $2,750 when taking 7-15 credit hours per semester. This can save you up to $6,000 per semester!**
- As a Christian leader, you can benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from across the country.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
**Credits taken below 7 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or potentially count as the first 21 hours of a related doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for your doctorate. Learn more!
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jan 16, 2023
Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.