Available Doctoral Degree Programs
Arts and Sciences:
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Community Care and Counseling
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Community Care and Counseling
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Counselor Education and Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
- Executive Coaching
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Non-profit Management
- Project Management
- Real Estate Development
- Six Sigma
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Media and Digital Content
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Tourism Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Business Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Organization and Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership (D.S.L.)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Curriculum and Instruction
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Administration
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum and Instruction
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Higher Education Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Higher Education Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Advanced Educational Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education
- Doctor of Criminal Justice (DCJ)
- Doctor of Law and Policy (DLP)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Public Administration (DPA)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy
- Doctor of Health Sciences (D.H.Sc.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Health Sciences
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nursing Education
- Doctor of Music Education
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Christian Worship
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Music Education
- Doctor of Worship Studies
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Leadership
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Applied Apologetics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Bible Exposition
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Christian Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Practical Theology
- Master of Theology (Th.M.)
Liberty University Doctoral Degrees Online
Earning a doctorate means more than just gaining a title. A doctorate means you have reached the pinnacle of scholarship and practice and have demonstrated that you are an expert in your field. While many professionals pursue doctorates so that they can use their experience and hard-earned expertise to teach in the college classroom, doctorates are also highly marketable degrees that show that you have both the academic background and the practical know-how to rethink, revolutionize, and revitalize your industry.
If you want to take the next step in becoming a leader in your profession, without sacrificing your professional and personal life, Liberty University offers the affordable, flexible degree programs you need to succeed.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Liberty’s courses are taught by professionals with real-world experience in their fields of study and provide a Christian worldview that roots your academics in biblical principles. With our regional and school-specific accreditations, we ensure that all types of doctoral degrees offered have the appropriate credentials and meet industry-standard requirements for academic quality and format so that you can be confident that your hard work will be recognized.
No matter the type of doctorate you are pursuing, our online doctoral programs will give you the training, support, and quality academics you need to succeed.
Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctoral Degrees
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online doctoral degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- With Liberty University’s 8-week sub-terms and 8 different start dates per year, you can complete an online doctoral degree faster than attending courses on campus.
- Doctoral programs that include dissertations integrate guided research mentorship and proposals into the online course content so that you will have all the guidance you need to develop ground-breaking scholarship and research.
- Some of our doctoral degrees include capstone projects, which allow you to apply the knowledge you’ve gained to solve a problem of practice in your profession using applied research methods.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a postgraduate certificate that can stand alone or potentially count as the first 21 hours of a related doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for your doctorate. Learn more!
Military Benefits for Ed.D. and Ed.S. Students
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for Ed.D./Ed.S. courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*First Responder Discount cannot be combined with Liberty’s $300/credit hour military discount.
Experience That Matters to You
As an accredited Christian college with a 7,000-acre campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty University offers you an education that is both academically challenging and rooted in a biblical worldview.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from 35+ years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner — and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you.
And what’s that?
- Academic Quality
These important factors challenged us to find new financial solutions, get ahead of industry trends, and blaze trails into cutting-edge career fields — and it’s paid off. That’s the difference experience makes.
Ranked among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America and recognized by multiple institutions for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
Why Choose Liberty University?
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Choose from a wide variety of programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level, most of which are 100% online*. With an 8-week format and 8 start dates per year, it’s easy to fit your courses around your schedule!
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Maximize Your Time
Start and finish your degree faster! Liberty requires no standardized testing for admission, and you can transfer previous course credit — transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree and up to 50% of a master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree — or discover how your life, career, or military experience may count toward your college degree.
Grow in Your Faith
All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, and our faculty see themselves as mentors. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ — we’re committed to championing you as you study to go further in your field, become a leader in your industry, or start a new career.
Access Academic Support
Throughout your educational journey, you will have access to academic resources that will aid in the completion of your degree. Services include our online library, writing center, tutoring, study aids, IT assistance, 30+ tutorial videos, live webinars, and personalized help from our academic advising team.
An Online Education with On-Campus Benefits
Cheer on 20 NCAA Division I
games that air nationwide
Graduate with your peers
Be inspired by world-renowned
speakers at Convocation
As a nonprofit (not-for-profit) university, Liberty is in the business of training skilled professionals to make a difference in the world – not gaining profit, revenue, or producing dividends for shareholders. In keeping with our commitment to your education, we invest our resources back into degree programs and into your student experience.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university and has not increased tuition for 7 straight years. Lower tuition means less student loan debt for students.
For Liberty University, nonprofit is more than a status; it is a valuable opportunity to invest in the lives of students who will go out and impact the world.
Nearly 80% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid. Virginia residents may qualify for additional aid — learn more!
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you pay only a portion of your balance up front. You submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay the remaining balance for your classes.
Qualified military service members, veterans, and their spouses can receive up to 55% off their tuition rate for eligible programs!
Contact one of our Admissions Counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.