In order to participate in Commencement, a student-doctor will need to follow these steps:
- Verify fulfilled Graduation Requirements found in the Academic Catalog
- Complete a Degree Completion Application (see below)
- Be familiar and comply with all Graduation Details
Honors and Diploma information listed below.
Degree Completion Application
- A notification will be sent to the student’s Liberty.edu email account from the Office of the Registrar with instructions about the Degree Completion Application.
- The Degree Completion Application must be completed before a degree will be conferred. This application will provide important information for the preparation of the student’s diploma and will guarantee the appearance of the student’s name in the Commencement Program if submitted prior to the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will still be accepted, but there is no guarantee that the student’s name will appear in the program.
- The $950 Graduation fee is attributed to the student’s account as a part of the tuition and fees in the final Spring semester prior to graduation.
Honors for graduation will be determined by the cumulative average earned at LUCOM.
Student-doctors with a cumulative average in the upper three percent of their class will receive a diploma inscribed with “highest honors.”
Student-doctors in the next seven percent of their class will receive a diploma inscribed with “honors.” These students will be recognized at the graduation banquet with the presentation of, and during graduation by the wearing of, special honors cords.
Students will not receive a diploma until all degree requirements are fulfilled. Students must complete all degree requirements by December 31 to be allowed to participate in Commencement/Senior Week activities of the same calendar year.