All Commencement participants can purchase regalia early in order to obtain proper sizes and colors. Regalia can be purchased online from Herff Jones.**Online ordering is now closed. Please visit the bookstore on campus to order.
- Online ordering is no longer available. Please visit the bookstore on campus to order regalia.
- 2022 Regalia Ordering Deadlines
- Custom Doctoral Regalia – March 4, 2022
- All Standard Regalia Orders (regular shipping) – April 1, 2022
- All Standard Regalia Orders (rush shipping) – April 8, 2022
- Gown – All graduates wear navy gowns that vary in style between the level of completed degrees.
Associates degree students can purchase a Bachelor’s level gown.
Postgraduate’s degree students can purchase the Master’s level gown.
- Cap – Graduates wear a mortarboard and tassel. Ph.D., Juris Doctorate, and Dmin students wear a velvet tam.
- Tassel – Attaches to the cap. Commonly worn on the right before the student receives their degree and moved to the left after it’s presented.
- Hood – A scarf that drapes over the shoulders and down the back. Has a strip of color unique to the student’s program. The inner part is red, white, and blue. Graduates receiving an Associate’s degree do not wear a hood with their regalia.
- Stole – Resembles a man’s oversized necktie with two wide ends and is worn draped around the neck to hang down the front. Liberty stoles are embroidered with the Liberty seal and are red.
- Honors Cord/Medallion – Cords are awarded to Undergraduate students and medallions are awarded to Graduate level students. Students do not need to purchase this piece of regalia. For further information about honors, please refer to the Honors page.
Societal Cords – For information on any cords worn in representation of a society, contact the society or departmental office.
Custom Regalia – The following doctoral programs have custom regalia available for purchase. Please visit https://academicregalia.herffjones.com/School/index for information and to place an order.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Education
- Juris Doctor
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Ph.D. in Counselor and Education Supervision
- B.A. Gown = $43
- B.A. Hood = $41
- M.S./M.A. Gown = $47
- M.S./M.A. Hood = $47
- Ph.D. Gown = $58
- Ph.D. Hood = $56
- Ed.D Rental Regalia = $127 (gown, keeper tam, & hood)
- Stole = $35
- Tassel = $15
- Cap = $15
- A.A. package = $84
- B.A. package = $102
- M.S./M.A. package = $119
- Educ. Specialist package = $122
- Ph.D. package = $127
Class Rings & Announcements
Personal announcements and class rings can be ordered online at Herff Jones, these can be ordered through the time of Commencement. For further details, email the our Herff Jones representative at email@example.com. Herff Jones will be available for ordering class rings at the Friday Check-In event.