Financial Aid Disbursement Process
Note: The disbursement is what the school receives to apply towards a student's charges, while a refund is what the student receives as a left over credit once all charges are paid in full. The Financial Aid Office is responsible for disbursements and the Student Accounts Office is responsible for credit refunds.
Disbursement of Federal Loans
- The student must be enrolled at least half-time, which is three hours for doctoral students.
- Students must meet all other federal eligibility requirements.
- Loans disburse 21 days after the student becomes eligible.
- Loans pay towards any outstanding balance first.
- Credit refunds are then processed by Student Accounts.
- View more information about Student Account Refunds and the refund process.