Early Refunds for Current Students
LUCOM offers student-doctors the option to request an early refund of up to $3,000 of the current anticipated credit on their account. Early refunds, upon approval, are released to BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. on the first day of class/rotations.
In order to receive an early refund, students must be in good academic standing and have completed Financial Check-In (FCI).
There are no finance charges or fees associated with an early refund provided that the anticipated funds are received and credited to a student’s account. Should the anticipated aid not be received or credited for a student, he/she is required to repay the advanced funds from other sources.
To apply for an early refund, complete the Early Refund Request form.
Refunds for Student Withdrawal
Per policy 3.5 in the Academic Catalog: student-doctors who withdraw from LUCOM, take a leave of absence, are suspended or are dismissed during a semester may be eligible for a tuition refund based on their date of withdrawal if the outcome results in a change to the student’s anticipated graduation date. Please note that Admission Deposits and all fees are non-refundable.
- A student who withdraws from all courses during the first week of enrollment will receive a 100% tuition refund.*
- A student who withdraws after the first week but before the end of 7 weeks will receive a 50% tuition refund.**
- A student who withdraws after 7 weeks, but before the end of 13 weeks will receive a 25% tuition refund.**
- A student who withdraws after 13 weeks is not eligible for a tuition refund.**
* Eligible enrollment only includes courses that count toward the degree completion plan.
** For students on clinical rotations, the number of weeks used to determine the tuition refund will be based on the number of weeks the student attended up until the date of withdrawal, excluding any gap weeks.