Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Anyone interested in receiving federal grants, work-study, loans, or institutional aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- To determine eligibility for federal and some state and institutional aid, all U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens are required to complete the FAFSA each school year.
- If available, use the IRS Data Retrieval, which ensures the accuracy of the income information being submitted on the application and saves time if you are required to complete any additional financial aid reviews, such as FAFSA verification.
- Be sure to include Liberty’s school code on your FAFSA before submitting. Liberty’s school code is 010392.
- For priority processing, we recommend that you renew your FAFSA no less than four months before you intend to start classes.
- If selected for verification, submit all documentation requested as soon as possible to prevent a delay in your aid processing or a loss of your aid eligibility.
- Once you have applied to Liberty University and have created a Liberty username and password, you will have access to your own Liberty email and ASIST account. Be sure to check your Liberty email, Student Checklist, and ASIST account often. This is how the Financial Aid Office will communicate with you.
For more information or questions related to the FAFSA, please email the LUCOM Financial Aid Office at LUCOMFinancialAid@Liberty.edu.