Tips for Success
School can be hard, and at times you may find you need some extra help in order to succeed. We have some great tips that can help you work efficiently and effectively!
If you have tips and tricks that help you when studying or completing your work, send them to LUOAStudentSupport@liberty.edu so we can share them with your peers!
We would love to hear from you about how you are doing and what we can do better to help!
Use a Planner
Planning your assignments and reading can help you stay on track and even get ahead. One of the best things you can do is to keep yourself organized! It is a great habit to get into that can help you during your studies and later in life.
Proofread Your Assignments
There may be incorrect items you missed your first time through when writing your assignment. Have a family member read your assignment if possible – another set of eyes may catch something that you missed and can help to correct errors.
Taking the time to proofread may mean the difference between one letter grade and the next. For additional help with writing assignments, check out our Writing Center.
Take Care of Yourself – Body, Mind, and Soul
Taking care of yourself can help you succeed in your classes. There are practical steps you can take on a daily basis to help you feel your best.
Things like staying hydrated, taking breaks, getting adequate sleep, and incorporating physical activity can help keep your body in tune. These things can get your body and brain ready for the day and can help you think clearly while studying.
Our advisors work hard to make sure that you are taken care of and prepared for your courses. Have you ever wondered what helped our advisors get through school?
Take a look at some of the tips that have helped your advisors in recent years during their studies!
- Put away distractions and move your phone away while studying.
- Work your hardest course first and then finish out your day with the course you like the most!
- Submit assignments on weekends. Any work that can be submitted on weekends will help lower the number of overdue assignments and help to reduce stress.
- Having a consistent schedule can really help to make sure you don’t feel overwhelmed. Try using a planner and color-coding it so you know exactly what is due and when.
- If you know you have a paper or project coming up soon, start working on it in advance. You do not want to spend the day before rushing to finish it. Procrastination is not your friend!
Support for Your Journey After LUOA
Academic Accommodations (504)
Here at Liberty University Online Academy, we seek to help our students succeed in any way we can. We have a dedicated LUOA Academic Support office that is specially trained to help your student set up academic accommodations. If your student needs additional support through Academic Accommodations (504), we are here to assist you!
How can an online school compete with the physical library resources of a brick-and-mortar campus? Even though we are a remote school, we offer several Library Services to help students thrive in their classes! We are here to help you succeed. The services we offer include article databases, e-books, reference materials, and the LUOA Writing Center.