Scholarships and Resources for Military Students and Families
These resources and scholarships are provided to help military students and their families with personal challenges that may be related to their service and schooling. Use the links below to learn more about the resources on this page, or the links on the right to find additional tools and discounts to help meet your needs.
Please note: Some links provided are external. These external links may not represent the values held by Liberty University. They are provided solely as outside resources.
Scholarships for Military Students
Liberty University is proud to offer several scholarships and financial awards to qualifying military students. Explore the links below to see what is available for military students at Liberty.
- Heroes Fund Scholarship
- Military Tuition Discount (online)
- ROTC Scholarships (residential)
- Technology Fee Waivers for Online Active Military (online)
- Yellow Ribbon Program
Visit Student Financial Services for other types of aid and scholarships that are available at Liberty University, including the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant and the Children of Fallen Heroes Grant.
Outside Military Scholarships
Liberty University understands that students often need other sources of funding and aid to help cover the cost of their tuition. We have created this resource to link you to outside military scholarships and aid organizations that may be helpful to you.
Note: Links provided below are external links and may not represent the values held by Liberty University. They are provided solely as outside resources.
Military Aid Organizations:
- American Legion Legacy
- Army Emergency Relief
- Army Scholarships Foundation
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Children of Fallen Patriots
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance
- Families of Freedom
- Fisher House Foundation
- General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant
- Hope for the Warriors Scholarship
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (MCSF)
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- National Military Family Association
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS)
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- VA ACME Scholarship Program
- American Red Cross Military Family Services
- Family Support During Deployment
- Coping with Deployment and Combat Stress
- Luke’s Wings
- Make the Connection
- Military.com – Deployment
- Operation Homefront
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (Reserve/National Guard)
Dept of Veterans Affairs Local Hospital
- LU Online Military Benefits
- Military Scholarships
- Net Price Calculator
- Student Financial Services
- Federal Student Aid
- DoD Student Loan Repayment Program
- Federal Student Aid for Military Families
- Military VA Loan
- myPay (DFAS)
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Tax Tips through Military.com
Education Benefits Support
Health and Wellness
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- American Lung Association
- Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment
- National Center for PTSD
- Psychological Health Center of Excellence
- Veteran Crisis Line
- Veterans Suicide Prevention Lifeline Resources
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
- Government Per Diem Rates
- Move.mil (Defense Personal Property System Portal)
- Travel with your Pet
- Academic Success Center (residential)
- Deployment Guides
- Online Writing Center (online)
- Office of Disability and Academic Support
- Tutoring for Military Students
- Webucator.com (Use coupon code ‘VETERANS’ for free self-paced courses)
- Career Assessment
- Internships and Experience
- Liberty Career Center
- Resume Assistance
- VetSuccess on Campus
- DoD SkillBridge
- Free Educational-Vocational Counseling Services (Chapter 36 counseling)
- Hire Heroes USA
- Military Medics and Corpsmen (MMAC) Program
- Transition Assistance Program
- Virginia Transition Assistance Program
Liberty University has had the privilege of serving those who serve our country through distance learning education since 1986. As one of America’s top military-friendly schools, Liberty University Online offers generous benefits for active duty personnel, reservists, guardsmen, veterans and their spouses.
Now, through a partnership with Tutor.com and the Department of Defense (DoD), LU Online offers free online tutoring to active duty military service members, reservists, deployed National Guard personnel, DoD civilians, and dependents. Whether your resume needs an update or you need help preparing for an exam, the qualified tutors of Tutor.com can help you continue on the path to success!
Who is eligible?
- Online military service members, reservists, deployed National Guard personnel, DoD civilians, and dependents may access Tutor.com for free here.
- Online veterans, spouses of veterans, dependents, and civilian students may utilize this resource here.
Other Tutoring Services Available: