When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

LUO Military Benefits

Liberty University recognizes the service and sacrifice of those who have answered the call of duty to defend our nation’s freedoms. Because of this, we are privileged to offer eligible online military students several benefits:

To take advantage of the benefits you may be eligible to receive, please submit military documentation to ensure your military status is reflected on your student account. If you apply to a new program, change degree levels, or break enrollment, your military status will need to be re-verified with documentation that meets the current eligibility requirements.

Submitting Military Documentation

All students are required to submit acceptable documentation verifying their military status and to determine their eligibility for the Liberty-given military benefits. Only one of these documents is required. Benefits are not awarded retroactively so please be sure to submit your documentation before your first semester begins!

Submit your documents to the Office of Military Affairs by fax: (434) 455-1287 or email: LUOMilitary@liberty.edu. This documentation will be reviewed within 3-5 business days. We will follow up regarding your benefits eligibility through your Liberty email account at that time.

Service Members can submit a Tuition Assistance authorization form or request, an End of Month LES from the last 3 months, the most recent set of Military Orders, a signed and dated letter on an official letterhead from a Commanding Officer containing branch of service, current status, and rank, or an Enlisted/Officer Record Brief from within the last year.

Veterans can submit the most recently issued Member-4 DD-214 or NGB-22, a discharge or retirement certificate or VA service letter. If necessary, a copy of a DD-214 can be requested from the National Archives website. Students submitting a DD-214 or an NGB-22 must have a Character of Service of “Honorable”, “General”, or “Under Honorable Conditions.”

Military Spouses (as defined by Liberty University) should submit a copy of your Marriage Certificate or License, one of your spouse’s military documents, and copies of the state-issued active Driver’s License* for both you and your spouse.

DoD Employees should submit a DoD End of Month LES from the last 3 months, official memo/letter on DoD letterhead confirming your direct employment with the DoD, or Notification of Personnel Action (SF50).

Documents Checklist:

Service members and Veterans

  • Current Military Document

Military Spouses

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Current Military Document
  • Copy of your and your spouse’s Driver’s Licenses*

DoD Employees

  • Employment Verification

Due to government regulations, we are unable to accept Military Identification cards for verification of military service or personal identification. Federal law prohibits copying or reproducing military IDs in any way. You may black-out classified information (Social Security Number, License Number, etc.) on orders, LES, or other military documents submitted.

*A state-issued active Driver’s License serves as valid photo identification, which is required for consideration of Liberty’s military benefits. Acceptable forms of photo identification must include name, date of birth, gender, and a photo. If you are unable to submit a Driver’s License, we may also accept a Passport or DMV identification card.