LUO Military Benefits
Liberty University recognizes the service and sacrifice of those who have answered the call of duty to defend our nation’s freedoms. Because of this, we are privileged to offer eligible online military students several benefits:
- Military tuition discount for eligible online programs
- Technology fee waiver for actively serving military members
- Academic benefits on your degree plan for undergraduate programs, and signed Degree Completion Plans for Tuition Assistance available upon request
- Free evaluation of military training for transfer credit
- Assistance and support as needed when facing deployment or military orders
- Remote assistance from the Office of Military Affairs for a variety of military educational needs
- Invitations to military appreciation events throughout the year
- Regular newsletters and helpful communication from the Office of Military Affairs regarding changes, updates, and opportunities impacting military students
To take advantage of the benefits you may be eligible to receive, please submit military documentation to ensure your military status is reflected on your student account. If you apply to a new program, change degree levels, or break enrollment, your military status will need to be re-verified with documentation that meets the current eligibility requirements.
Submitting Military Documentation
All students are required to submit acceptable documentation verifying their military status and to determine their eligibility for the Liberty-given military benefits. Benefits are not awarded retroactively so please be sure to submit your documentation before your first semester begins!
Submit your documents to the Office of Military Affairs by fax: (434) 455-1287 or email: LUOMilitary@liberty.edu. This documentation will be reviewed within 2 business days. We will follow up regarding your benefits eligibility through your Liberty email account at that time.
Service Members & Veterans can submit a Tuition Assistance form or GoArmyEd registration to verify their military status, the most recently issued Member-4 DD-214, an End of Month LES from the last 3 months, or the most recent orders issued within the last year. If needed, a copy of a DD-214 can be requested from the National Archives website. Only one of these documents is required.
Military Spouses (as defined by Liberty University) should submit a copy of your Marriage Certificate or License, one of your spouse’s military documents, and copies of the state-issued active Driver’s License* for both you and your spouse.
DoD Employees should submit a DoD End of Month LES from the last 3 months, official memo/letter on DoD letterhead confirming your direct employment with the DoD, or Notification of Personnel Action (SF50).
For a full list of acceptable documents and document requirements, please see the Suggested Documentation for Online Military Benefits document.
Service members and Veterans
- Current Military Document
- Marriage Certificate
- Current Military Document
- Copy of your Driver’s License*
- Copy of your spouse’s Driver’s License*
- Employment Verification
Please note: Due to government regulations, we are unable to accept Military Identification cards for verification of military service or personal identification. Federal law prohibits copying or reproducing military IDs in any way. You may black-out classified information (Social Security Number, License Number, etc.) on orders, LES, or other military documents submitted.
*A state-issued active Driver’s License serves as valid photo identification, which is required for consideration of Liberty’s military benefits. Acceptable forms of photo identification must include name, date of birth, gender, and a photo. If you are unable to submit a Driver’s License, we may also accept a Passport or DMV identification card. Military ID’s are not accepted due to government regulations.