VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC)
In October 2013, Liberty University became one of the nation’s campus locations that offers VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC).
The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program is a collaborative effort between Liberty University and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the purpose of easing Veterans’ transition to student life and helping them achieve their educational and career goals. VetSuccess on Campus services at Liberty are provided for Veterans, service members, and their qualified dependents who are eligible for, or are receiving, any VA Education Service benefit.
The VetSuccess Counselor can assist you with:
- How to apply for and maximize your VA educational benefits should you be eligible for more than one.
- Information on college credit for military experience and training.
- Vocational exploration and assistance in selecting a major/career compatible with your interests, aptitudes, and abilities.
- Information on other VA benefits to include disability compensation, life insurance, Home Loan Guarantee, and Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment.
- Electing your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration (VHA).
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services.
- Referrals to on-campus, community, and VA resources to promote academic success.
- Employment information and assistance.
To Schedule an Appointment:
Stop by the Veterans Center to meet with our VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, Lora Nichols:
Office Location: Veterans Center, Room 2770A
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m.