Finding your way through the rigors and challenges of medical school and life, with meaningful professional, personal, and relational growth.
COMPASS is a co-curricular program with the purpose of facilitating the development of the personal-professional identity of LUCOM student-doctors.
The Carnegie Foundation Report identified professional development as one of four objectives instrumental to the formation of a physician’s professional identity. COMPASS supports this objective by facilitating the development of the personal and professional identity of LUCOM student-doctors based on biblical principles and values.
The mission of COMPASS is to facilitate LUCOM student-doctors to develop their personal-professional identity utilizing biblical principles and values.
LUCOM student-doctors will examine their worldview in light of biblical principles and values. This will impact all aspects of their life, including their spiritual development and professional practice in a positive manner. This will be evident in their life goals, values, worldview, and demonstrated character.
- To foster and provide the opportunity for LUCOM faculty to develop spiritually and professionally as they facilitate COMPASS.
- To provide support for LUCOM student-doctors throughout their medical school experience.
- To encourage LUCOM student-doctors to pursue holistic wellness and lifestyle balance.
- To equip LUCOM student-doctors to confidently discuss spiritual health with their patients and colleagues.
- To encourage LUCOM student-doctors to apply biblical principles to all of life’s endeavors, such as, personal-family relationships and serving others.
OMS I – Fall Semester
Mission, Vision, Action Plan
OMS-II Fall Semester
Coping and Resilience
OMS-I Spring Semester
Cultural Humility and One Another’s
OMS-II Spring Semester
Faith in Medical Practice
Principles of Leadership