Questions about the Admissions Checklist? Visit LUCOM during the next Open House.
The purpose of the Admissions Checklist is to provide the framework of an initial
application submitted through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) up to Orientation Week.
Upon review of a submitted AACOMAS Application, a prospective student will receive a Liberty University username and identification number to log in via myLU. This identification is to be used to complete the LUCOM Supplemental Application (3rd step). Once completed, a prospective student should proceed through the Admissions Checklist.
An automated Admissions Checklist with indication of completed steps is currently in production; until completed use the list below for reference on how to proceed.
- AACOMAS Application
- Claim Liberty University ID/Email
- Review Academic Document: LUCOM Student Handbook
- LU Secondary Application
a. Application Fee $50
b. Submit Recommendation Letters**
- ASIST Account
a. Retrieve Liberty University Student ID #
b. Update Contact Information
- Invitation/Schedule Interview
- Admission Decision
- Initial Deposit ($500)
- Final Deposit ($1,500)
- Complete Academic Form:
Academic Standards, Code of Conduct, & Media Policy Agreement
a. Student signature required
- FAFSA (if receiving federal aid)
- Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling (if using federal loans)
- Graduate Plus Loan Application (if applicable)
- Complete Academic Form: Background Check
- Complete Academic Form: Drug Screen
- Complete Academic Form: Student Health and Physical Report
- Complete Academic Form: Immunizations and Titers
- Complete Academic Form: Student Authorization to Release Information to Clinical Agencies
- Proof of Insurance
- Final College Transcript(s)
- Fall Class Schedule (administratively registered)
- Financial Check-In
- Complete the Orientation Module
- Flames Pass
- Media Release (given during Orientation)
- Orientation Week. July 26-29, 2016
- White Coat Ceremony. July 30, 2016
- A board-certified Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- A science faculty member or pre-health advisor, or committee
- A pastor, outreach coordinator, employer, or allopathic physician (M.D.)
All letters of recommendation must be originals on professional or college/university letterhead, signed by the evaluator and submitted electronically through Liaison, Interfolio, or Virtual Eval. LUCOM will not accept letters from family members related by blood or through marriage. Read information about the application process.
Should you experience technical difficulties logging into your Liberty University account, please communicate with the LU Helpdesk by calling toll-free (866) 447-2869. Be sure to include your LU username and identification number.