Pool Rules and Policies
- Any person using the pool must take a cleansing shower using warm water and soap. Any person who has exercised, applied lotion, or used a spa prior to entering the pool must shower before using the pool.
- Any person with or suspected of having a communicable disease which could be transmitted through use of the pool shall not be permitted to use the pool.
- Any person with any area of exposed sub-epidermal tissue, open blisters, or cuts must cover completely and shall not be permitted to use the pool.
- Any individual under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an individual 18 years or older while in the facility.
- Infants and toddlers who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diaper products such as “Little Swimmers” underneath swimsuits. Children wearing non-swim diapers are not permitted in the water.
- Spitting, spouting water from the mouth, or blowing the nose in the pool is prohibited.
- No running, or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted in the pool, in locker rooms, on the pool decks, or on the diving board or platforms.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact is not permitted in the pool enclosure area.
- Diving is not permitted except in designated areas.
- Lifesaving equipment is prohibited for use unless in the event of an emergency.
- The capacity of the pool must not exceed posted numbers.
- Approved swimming apparel as listed in the Liberty Way must be worn in the pool at all times.
- Please enter the pool area through the locker room doors only. The lobby doors are for emergency use only.
- Starting blocks may only be used by permission from the on-duty lifeguard.
- Hanging or sitting on lane line ropes is prohibited.
- Sitting on, standing on, jumping on, or throwing kickboards is prohibited.
- Aquatic facilities can be closed at any time and remained closed as designated by the Campus Recreation Staff due to weather conditions, mechanical failures, or over occupancy.
Swimwear is only appropriate at the swimming pool. Students are to wear appropriate casual or sport attire (as stated in the Liberty Way) going to and from the pool. Women are required to wear a one-piece suit that is in good taste. Swimsuits that are see-through/mesh, expose the midriff and/or are low in the front or back or cut high on the legs are not acceptable. Men are not permitted to wear speedos, spandex suits or cut-off jeans at the pool. This policy applies to all Liberty University swim facilities/properties and all Liberty University-sponsored events.
Spa Policies & Procedures
- Spa users must be 18 years or older.
- Women that are pregnant may not use the spas.
- Elderly participants, and/or participants with respiratory or cardiopulmonary problems should not use the spas without prior medical approval from their doctor.
- Any person with or suspected of having a communicable disease which could be transmitted through use of the spa shall not be permitted to use the spas.
- Any person with any area of exposed sub-epidermal tissue, open blisters, or cuts must cover completely and shall not be permitted to use the spas.
- Showering is required before entering the spas.
- A time limit of 15 minutes must be observed due to the fatiguing effects of prolonged use of the spa.
- Avoid food or beverages before using the spa.
- Capacity is 8 participants per spa.
- After using the spa, participants must shower prior to entering the pool.
- Aquatic equipment is prohibited in the spas.