Montview Bowling Alley
The Montview Bowling Alley is a family-friendly 8-lane bowling alley open to the Liberty University community as well as the Lynchburg community. The Bowling Alley offers weekly specials, fun family nights throughout the year, reservation opportunities, and more. Being located on the basement floor of the Montview Student Union, the Bowling Alley can be a little tricky to find if users are unfamiliar with Liberty’s campus. Please check out our FAQs on parking information and a video on how to find the Bowling Alley.
Need help locating the Bowling Alley? Watch this Video Location Tutorial!
The Bowling Alley features 8 lanes and 2 Billiards Tables. Bowling balls and shoes are available. Note: Montview Bowling Alley cannot take cash.
|Pricing for Shoes||$3|
|Pricing for Socks||$2|
|Pricing per Game|
|Hourly Lane Rental|
|Shoes not included. To reserve multiple lanes in advance, visit our Reservations page.|
Montview Bowling Alley memberships are available to the Liberty community at a low cost. Memberships can be purchased directly at the Bowling Alley.
The Montview Bowling Alley can be reserved by the Liberty community and the general public.
Every Monday at the Bowling Alley buy one game of bowling with Flames Cash and your friend bowls for free!
$2 per game every Tuesday. Shoes not included.
Free shoes every Wednesday.
Blacklight Bowling every Thursday from 7 p.m.–Close during the semester, and 6–8 p.m. during the summer.
I don’t have a Liberty decal. Where can I park?
- Decal enforcement is Monday–Friday from 4 a.m.–4 p.m. and reserved spaces and lots are unavailable at all times. We encourage patrons to park in the Academic Commons Garage or the Speakman Parking Lot (Bookstore) during hours parking is not enforced. The Academic Commons Garage also has hourly paid parking from 4 a.m.–4 p.m. but it is very limited. View a map of the campus here.
Can I reserve the Bowling Alley or a lane?
- Yes! Bowling Alley reservations for more than one lane must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. More information can be found on our Facility Reservations page. To reserve one lane, reservations must be made 1 week in advance through the Bowling Alley directly.
Can I wear tennis shoes on the lanes?
- No, all patrons must wear bowling shoes. We provide bowling shoes and bowling balls, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Are kids able to bowl?
- Yes, kids are allowed to bowl at Montview Bowling Alley with adult supervision. We do provide bowling shoes in children’s sizes, bumpers, and dragon ball ramps upon request.
How do I get to the Bowling Alley?
- The Bowling Alley is located on the basement level of the Montview Student Union. The only way to access the Bowling Alley are the stairs near Garbanzo. The elevators cannot access the basement level. We recommend parking in the Parking Garage by Reber-Thomas Hall. The video below is a great demonstration on how to get to the Bowling Alley from two different parking locations.