Ride With Us!
Whether you are an advanced rider or a beginner, the Liberty Mountain Equestrian Center offers opportunities for you to advance your riding skills. Our trail rides offer the Liberty community an opportunity to explore Liberty Mountain on horseback. Our riding lessons are a great program for those who want to advance in their Hunt Seat or Western Seat riding. The Equestrian Center also offers a horse boarding program for any Liberty student interested in bringing their horse to school with them. Read more about each below.
The Equestrian Center offers guided trail rides by appointment only. Trail rides are available at $15/person to students, faculty, and staff who want to explore Liberty Mountain property on horseback.
- Suited for beginner through advanced riders
- Walk only regardless of previous riding experience
- Includes a brief lesson in the ring followed by a 20-30 minute ride around the mountain
- Open to 2 people per trail ride
Before You Ride
- Trail rides appointments are for a single ride only. If you want another ride you must go through the scheduling process again.
- Riders should arrive appropriately outfitted. Long pants and sturdy closed-toe shoes are mandatory. No flip-flops or sandals are allowed in the barn or on the horse. Wear a shoe that won’t fall off! Canvas/thin shoes should be avoided. No excessively loose or dangling clothes, scarves, jewelry, etc.
- A helmet will be required and provided if you don’t have your own.
- Riders must show a minimum level of competence in the ring before they are allowed on the trail.
- Minimum ages of 14 years old.
- For questions regarding trail rides, contact email@example.com
Riding lessons are now offered for Liberty University residential students based on availability. Hunt Seat and Western disciplines are both available, and all levels are welcome.
- Group lesson $25
- Private lesson $40
- Private lesson package (4 sessions) $120
- Group lesson package (4 sessions) $80
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a lesson.
The Equestrian Center provides full care stall board for students interested in bringing their horses to school. Horses will be accepted as space allows and pending the application process. Board includes the use of all facilities as available starting at $600/month.
- The Equestrian Center is open for boarders from 7 a.m.–7 p.m. daily
- Boarders may not jump without an instructor present to monitor safety
- Riders must wear ASTM/SEI certified helmets anytime they sit on a horse
- No dogs allowed
Contact email@example.com for availability and more information.