Ride With Us!
Whether you are an advanced rider or a beginner, the Liberty Mountain Equestrian Center offers opportunities for you to advance your riding skills. Our trail rides offer the Liberty community an opportunity to explore Liberty Mountain on horseback. Our riding lessons are a great program for those who want to advance in their Hunt Seat or Western Seat riding. The Equestrian Center also offers a horse boarding program for any Liberty student interested in bringing their horse to school with them. Read more about each below.
The Equestrian Center offers guided trail rides by appointment only. These are available free of charge to students and employees who want to explore Liberty Mountain property on horseback.
- Suited for beginner through advanced riders
- Walk only regardless of previous riding experience
- Includes a brief lesson in the ring followed by a 20-30 minute ride around the mountain
- Limited to 2 people
Contact email@example.com for availability.
Before You Ride
- Trail rides are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Demand is very high, and it may take a while to get an appointment. Thanks for your patience.
- Trail rides should be scheduled at least a week or two in advance. It is unlikely there will be space if you email later than that.
- Trail rides appointments are for a single ride only. If you want another ride you must go through the scheduling process again.
- Riders should arrive appropriately outfitted. Long pants and sturdy closed-toe shoes are mandatory. No flip-flops or sandals are allowed in the barn or on the horse. Wear a shoe that won’t fall off! Canvas/thin shoes should be avoided. No excessively loose or dangling clothes, scarves, jewelry, etc.
- A helmet will be required and provided if you don’t have your own.
- Rides may need to be canceled or rescheduled to accommodate barn activities, weather, etc. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Riders must show a minimum level of competence in the ring before they are allowed on the trail.
- Minimum ages of 14 years old.
- For questions regarding trail rides, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Riding lessons are now offered for Liberty University residential students based on availability. Lesson packages with a discount are also available.
- All levels welcome
- Hunt Seat and Western available
- Group lessons: $25
- Private lessons: $40
Contact email@example.com to schedule a lesson.
The Equestrian Center provides full care stall board for students interested in bringing their horses to school. Horses will be accepted as space allows and pending the application process. Board includes the use of all facilities as available at $550/month. The Equestrian Center reserves the right to extra charges for excessive needs.
- Equestrian Center is open for boarders from 7 a.m.–7 p.m. daily
- Boarders may not jump without an instructor present to monitor safety
- Riders must wear ASTM/SEI certified helmets ANYTIME they sit on a horse
- No dogs allowed
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and more information.